WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWarning about cooling system on Toshiba laptop EmptyWarning about cooling system on Toshiba laptop

more_horiz
I have a Toshiba Satellite L775 laptop that has just now displayed a warning saying there is a problem with the cooling system and that the computer should be shutdown imeditately and taken in for service,  This is the first time I've ever seen this message.  The unit does not feel hot or run slow, seems to be fine except that warning.  I just ran a virus scan with the latest web root and Malware bytes. Mabam did find one pup:

Here is the log:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2014.04.19.11

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16659
Mikel :: MIKEL-PC [administrator]

4/19/2014 6:24:49 PM
mbam-log-2014-04-19 (18-24-49).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 243820
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 51 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 1
HKLM\Software\InstallIQ (PUP.Optional.InstallBrain.A) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

PUP was removede This was just a quick scan, will do a full scan later. Have to go to work now.

Is anyone familiar with this warning.

Please help

descriptionWarning about cooling system on Toshiba laptop EmptyRe: Warning about cooling system on Toshiba laptop

more_horiz
Consider using a usb-powered external cooling fan assembly [one giant fan or twin fans] all the time the laptop is being used. My two laptops have such devices, and while they can get quite warm, they no longer get hot and suddenly shut down.

descriptionWarning about cooling system on Toshiba laptop EmptyRe: Warning about cooling system on Toshiba laptop

more_horiz
If you have valid warranty you should take the laptop for repair, because the CPU fan is malfunctioning this issue has nothing to do with malware if the error message displayed soon after you have power on the laptop.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum