GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

Snap-do virus/malware on my laptop

descriptionRe: Snap-do virus/malware on my laptop

more_horiz
Windows requires at least 15% (121Gb) of free space to operate efficiently. You will need to free up more space on your hard drive. You can do this by uninstalling unwanted or programs you no longer use or want. You can off-load important data such as videos, music, pictures and important documents to an external hard drive or DVD's. Please let me know when you have this finished.

more_horiz
Okay WSP 1 is now installed. Everything looks like it's up to date now.

more_horiz
Good. Please update and run MBAM again.

more_horiz
I want to make sure that I am running MBAM correctly. I press 'scan', when done scanning, I press the fix now button to quarantine the malicious files found, then I export log in a 'text' format, then I copy the log, and paste it here. That's what I have been doing. Please correct me if I was wrong on a step Smile...

more_horiz
You must be sure that all the infections have a checkmark and the click " Remove Selected."

more_horiz
This is the scan from today:

Question: Would this virus/malware have the ability to use my email account to send everybody in my address book spam/virus emails coming FROM me? That is what is happening and I don't know how to stop it!!! Essentially my email has been hacked and I have no idea how or what to do. I regularly change my password and have changed my password since realizing this, but ppl are STILL getting these emails.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 18/05/2014
Scan Time: 11:05:53 AM
Logfile: malware scan may 18 2.txt
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.00.1.1004
Malware Database: v2014.05.18.06
Rootkit Database: v2014.03.27.01
License: Free
Malware Protection: Disabled
Malicious Website Protection: Disabled
Chameleon: Disabled

CPU: x86
File System: NTFS
User: Wiley

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 260283
Time Elapsed: 14 min, 46 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Shuriken: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 3
PUP.Optional.Superfish.A, C:\Users\Wiley\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.superfish.com_0.localstorage, Quarantined, [8c52aca6c1ba330382e6b7cd8d754eb2],
PUP.Optional.Superfish.A, C:\Users\Wiley\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.superfish.com_0.localstorage-journal, Quarantined, [22bc480a4e2d290d89dff4906d95db25],
PUP.Optional.Snapdo.A, C:\Users\Wiley\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences, Good: (), Bad: ( "search_url": "http://feed.snapdo.com/?publisher=AirInstaller&dpid=AirInstaller&co=CA&userid=827b1671-5b3d-c231-f642-6dd00a269801&searchtype=ds&q={searchTerms}&installDate=02/04/2014",), Replaced,[ce10b0a2e596f640b97bceabf70d15eb]

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

more_horiz
Would this virus/malware have the ability to use my email account to send everybody in my address book spam/virus emails coming FROM me? That is what is happening and I don't know how to stop it!!! Essentially my email has been hacked and I have no idea how or what to do. I regularly change my password and have changed my password since realizing this, but ppl are STILL getting these emails.

What do you use for email?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Rootkit

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Rootkit and save it to your desktop.

• Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page for performing a scan.
  • Caution: This is a beta version so also read the disclaimer and back up all your data before using.
  • When the scan completes, click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats found and reboot the computer if prompted to do so.
  • Perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If they do, then click Cleanup once more and repeat the process.
  • If there are problems with Internet access, Windows Update, Windows Firewall or other system issues, run the fixdamage tool located in the folder Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit was run from and reboot your computer.
  • Two files (mbar-log-YYYY-MM-DD, system-log.txt) will be created and saved within that same folder.
  • Copy and paste the contents of these two log files in your next reply.

more_horiz
I use Hotmail....

more_horiz
supergirl wrote:
I use Hotmail....

You account has been hacked. You will need to change your password again and try to make it a strong password.

more_horiz
Okay I changed my password and it's strong. I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit a couple of times and it said there is no clean up needed. Am I running this correctly?

more_horiz
I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit a couple of times and it said there is no clean up needed. Am I running this correctly? .

That sounds correct.

I'd like to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

•Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScan

•Click the button.
•For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

• Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon on your desktop.

•Check
•Click the button.
•Accept any security warnings from your browser.

• Leave the check mark next to Remove found threats.

•Check
•Push the Start button.
•ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
•When the scan completes, push
•Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
•Push the button.
•Push
A log file will be saved here: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt

more_horiz
I'm running the ESET online scan right now and it has been 'stuck' for about 2 hours at 49% is that normal? It's been running for 5 hours 18 mins.

more_horiz
Please try this one.

Run the BitDefender Online scanner

Agree to the license and then select Scan. DO NOT CHANGE THE OPTIONS TO SHOW ALL FILES SCANNED. That will make your logs huge and we don't need to see clean files.

Once Bitdefender completes the scan:
Click-on the Detected Problems tab.
Then select Click here to export the scan report.

When the window comes up to save the report, change the Save as type: box to:
Text (Tab Delimited) (*.txt) and then in the File name box enter change to bdscan then click Save.

This will save a file named bdscan.txt. I would suggest saving it to the Desktop so you can easily find it. (take notice of where you save it so you can find it later).
This bdcan.txt file will actually contain HTML code that we can easily view later while reviewing your log. All we have to do is rename the file to bdscan.html.

If you do not follow these step, you will have an incorrect log or worse a log summary which is useless to us.

Post the bdscan.txt file as an Attachment.

more_horiz
Here are the results of ESET Onlinescan:

ESETSmartInstaller@High as downloader log:
all ok
# version=8
# OnlineScannerApp.exe=1.0.0.1
# OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.6920
# api_version=3.0.2
# EOSSerial=7c915caefcc26544b36405ae835291df
# engine=18342
# end=finished
# remove_checked=true
# archives_checked=true
# unwanted_checked=false
# unsafe_checked=false
# antistealth_checked=true
# utc_time=2014-05-21 03:42:51
# local_time=2014-05-20 09:42:51 (-0700, Mountain Daylight Time)
# country="Canada"
# lang=1033
# osver=6.0.6000 NT
# compatibility_mode=1023 16777215 0 0 0 0 0 0
# compatibility_mode=5892 16776573 100 100 0 237251300 0 0
# scanned=248425
# found=3
# cleaned=3
# scan_time=28810
sh=F15925A23C2301D0236E5D839DF3644606DE7518 ft=1 fh=93d06d9ce1743b0b vn="a variant of Win32/AdWare.SpeedingUpMyPC.E application (cleaned by deleting - quarantined)" ac=C fn="C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\Wiley\AppData\Roaming\OpenCandy\5F988A43C95D4876B9813FD3D5D735D2\OptimizerPro.exe.vir"
sh=E9E9635D17C7F4630B21419A3E3C3851145CFDA2 ft=1 fh=e749192a5af8ea18 vn="Win32/Adware.Yontoo application (cleaned by deleting - quarantined)" ac=C fn="C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\ProgramData\Tarma Installer\{889DF117-14D1-44EE-9F31-C5FB5D47F68B}\_Setupx.dll.vir"
sh=7F759C76B80339F63F659F8F70E1348F1CAA2767 ft=1 fh=c8110ac013175ed9 vn="multiple threats (cleaned by deleting - quarantined)" ac=C fn="C:\Users\Wiley\Downloads\YontooClientSetup.exe"

C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\Wiley\AppData\Roaming\OpenCandy\5F988A43C95D4876B9813FD3D5D735D2\OptimizerPro.exe.vir a variant of Win32/AdWare.SpeedingUpMyPC.E application cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\ProgramData\Tarma Installer\{889DF117-14D1-44EE-9F31-C5FB5D47F68B}\_Setupx.dll.vir Win32/Adware.Yontoo application cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Users\Wiley\Downloads\YontooClientSetup.exe multiple threats cleaned by deleting - quarantined

more_horiz
I was looking at the windows update history, and for whatever reason, Windows vista service pack 1 will not update/install. Every time it comes up as 'failed'. Do you know why? and what can I do to get these updates on my laptop? Thanks!!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum