WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFile.org removal - Page 1 EmptyRe: File.org removal

more_horiz
but I would like to find out and remove the File.org prompt. However, I can understand if you would prefer a set of harder facts/problems.

Something on your computer is generating this prompt and I can really help you with this.

To uninstall ComboFix

• Click the Start button. Click Run. For Vista: type in Run in the Start search, and click on Run in the results pane.
  • In the field, type in ComboFix /uninstall

File.org removal - Page 1 Combofix_uninstall_image

(Note: Make sure there's a space between the word ComboFix and the forward-slash.)

• Then, press Enter, or click OK.
  • This will uninstall ComboFix, delete its folders and files, hides System files and folders, and resets System Restore.

Click Start> Computer> right click the C Drive and choose Properties> enter
Click Disk Cleanup from there.

File.org removal - Page 1 Diskcleanup2

Click OK on the Disk Cleanup Screen.
Click Yes on the Confirmation screen.

File.org removal - Page 1 Diskcleanup

This runs the Disk Cleanup utility along with other selections if you have chosen any. (if you had a lot System Restore points, you will see a significant change in the free space in C drive)
Go to Microsoft Windows Update and get all critical updates.

----------

I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

Check out Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for tips and free tools to help keep you safe in the future.

Also see Slow Computer? It may not be Malware for free cleaning/maintenance tools to help keep your computer running smoothly.
Safe Surfing!

more_horiz
Hi Again, another couple of these "update " prompts came. I followed one through and have now removed the troublesome s/w.
fyi, it a programme "TSAssiste.exe" from Trusted Sofware Aps. Their address is File.org Team
Blomsterhaven 42
DK-4300 Holbaek
Denmark.
Their email address is contact@file.org.
Their website is : http:\\file.org/about.html.
It gives information re disabling and uninstalling.

In order to close this request down, I would like inofmration on how to iuninstall the programmes that I downloaded, to investigate the problem:
- Combofix
- ADWCleaner
- JRT
- Mbar (Anti-rootkit)
- Spybot
- Spywareblaster
Or should I retain any?
thanks

more_horiz
In order to close this request down, I would like inofmration on how to iuninstall the programmes that I downloaded, to investigate the problem:
- Combofix
- ADWCleaner
- JRT
- Mbar (Anti-rootkit)
- Spybot
- Spywareblaster
Or should I retain any?

I've already given instructions how to remove ComboFix. I would advise that you keep AdwCleaner, JRT and MBAM and run them often. Spybot and SpywareBlaster can be uninstalled by going to Control Panel, Add/Remove programs.

more_horiz
Sorry, I should have said that I had tried to "Run, Conbofix /Uninstall", but it failed. However, files are still there in C: and C:\Qoobox.
Also when you mention MBAM, do you mean Malwarebytes or its Rootkit variant? Or both?
I will take your advice on the others, but will probbaly keep Spybot too.

more_horiz
Sorry, I should have said that I had tried to "Run, Conbofix /Uninstall", but it failed. However, files are still there in C: and C:\Qoobox.

Please try this.

Download this program and run it Uninstall ComboFix .It will remove ComboFix for you
Also when you mention MBAM, do you mean Malwarebytes or its Rootkit variant? Or both?
I will take your advice on the others, but will probbaly keep Spybot too..

No, I meant keep MBAM. Update it and run it on a regular basis. Spybot is obsolete in today's infections. It's your call if you want to keep it.

more_horiz
OK - have done all that , and everything seems fine. However, I am still left with a folder : C:\Qoobox, with a sub-folder "Backenv". The system won't let me delete it. Any ideas?

more_horiz
The system won't let me delete it. Any ideas?.

You can use Unlocker below.

You can download and install Unlocker .Make sure you decline each of those free offers so they won't get loaded on your computer.

more_horiz
Thanks. That's me sorted out now, although I have still to work through all the potential maintenance options that you suggested earlier.
Thanks for the help.

more_horiz
You're welcome. I will lock this thread. If you need it re-opened, please send me a pm.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum