GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

Internet Browsers unresponsive or acting up

descriptionRe: Internet Browsers unresponsive or acting up

more_horiz
Still no response. Check out the screenshot. There is some weird frame in the browser (lower grey section).

more_horiz
What browser is that? What happens with the other browsers?

more_horiz
That is Internet Explorer (I blacked out my favorites). Chrome and Mozilla seem to be working fine.

more_horiz
Download the Fix IE Utility to your desktop.

Before running the utility, make sure that all your Internet Explorer windows are closed!

* Extract the contents of the .zip file to your desktop.
* Double click the Fix IE Utility button to run the tool.
* Click Run Utility
* Click OK when you see 'Re-registered all files'
* Open Internet Explorer and see how it works.

more_horiz
No joy. still unresponsive. The frame bar is no longer there, so that is progress. This is a bugger I just don't understand.

more_horiz
I'm stumped. I'll check with a colleague and get back to you.

more_horiz
I am considering packing it in and cleaning off the computer and reinstalling windows. It's been 4-5 years on this computer and it may be a good time to refresh the system. I have done this many times before on other computers but forget something every time. Do you have any tips or advise when doing this?

Thanks

more_horiz
I am considering packing it in and cleaning off the computer and reinstalling windows. It's been 4-5 years on this computer and it may be a good time to refresh the system. I have done this many times before on other computers but forget something every time. Do you have any tips or advise when doing this?

That's a good idea. Save your important data to an external harddrive or DVD's. Also, make a note of the programs you have installed so they can be re-installed and re-format and reinstall the OS.You could try doing a Repair first. That may just do the trick.

To wipe the drive clean, re-format and reinstall the OS.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum