GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

descriptionRe: AdChoices popup malware and a couple viruses

more_horiz
Do you see something in the ComboFix log that appears to be the malware?

Well, I do see the one that was removed. Everything else looks ok. Let's give it a few days to see how it's running then we can do some cleanup.

more_horiz
Sounds like a plan - THANKS!!

Can I reinstall the Reveal keylogger via CNET or do you think that had something to do with the infection? Would you recommend a different keylogger?

Also, should I run something (ComboFix?) against my portable hard drive to ensure it wasn't infected during the backup?

more_horiz
Can I reinstall the Reveal keylogger via CNET or do you think that had something to do with the infection? Would you recommend a different keylogger?

I cannot vouch for that program but the fact the MBAM and AdwCleaner found it is a program that runs in the background undetected quite similar to most infections.Did you problems after you downloaded and installed that program? If not, it's probably safe. There are a couple of programs in this link that I know are safe.
Also, should I run something (ComboFix?) against my portable hard drive to ensure it wasn't infected during the backup?

Try scanning it with your Av and also ESET bit I'm not sure if ESET will do it. You should also be able to scan it with MBAM.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum