GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

My computer is painfully slow

descriptionRe: My computer is painfully slow

more_horiz
C:\Documents and Settings\Torrie\DoctorWeb\Quarantine\CouponPrinter(2).exe probably a variant of Win32/Adware.Softomate.AD application cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Documents and Settings\Torrie\DoctorWeb\Quarantine\CouponPrinter.exe probably a variant of Win32/Adware.Softomate.AD application cleaned by deleting - quarantined

more_horiz
ESETSmartInstaller@High as CAB hook log:
OnlineScanner.ocx - registred OK
# version=8
# iexplore.exe=6.00.2900.5512 (xpsp.080413-2105)
# OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.6920
# api_version=3.0.2
# EOSSerial=fb76cc277e4ced479eec342fa358d832
# engine=15997
# end=finished
# remove_checked=true
# archives_checked=true
# unwanted_checked=false
# unsafe_checked=false
# antistealth_checked=true
# utc_time=2013-11-23 08:24:52
# local_time=2013-11-23 03:24:52 (-0500, Eastern Standard Time)
# country="United States"
# lang=1033
# osver=5.1.2600 NT Service Pack 3
# compatibility_mode=1285 16777213 100 100 5101399 80899804 0 0
# scanned=166187
# found=2
# cleaned=2
# scan_time=10155
sh=3B2D8EB932B27540AEB58082F005547E83991B6D ft=1 fh=4e5350a0e6068d4e vn="probably a variant of Win32/Adware.Softomate.AD application (cleaned by deleting - quarantined)" ac=C fn="C:\Documents and Settings\Torrie\DoctorWeb\Quarantine\CouponPrinter(2).exe"
sh=3B2D8EB932B27540AEB58082F005547E83991B6D ft=1 fh=4e5350a0e6068d4e vn="probably a variant of Win32/Adware.Softomate.AD application (cleaned by deleting - quarantined)" ac=C fn="C:\Documents and Settings\Torrie\DoctorWeb\Quarantine\CouponPrinter.exe"

more_horiz
How's your computer working now?

more_horiz
It seems to be running faster.

more_horiz
Ok, let's do some cleanup.

To uninstall ComboFix

• Click the Start button. Click Run. For Vista: type in Run in the Start search, and click on Run in the results pane.
  • In the field, type in ComboFix /uninstall

(Note: Make sure there's a space between the word ComboFix and the forward-slash.)

• Then, press Enter, or click OK.
  • This will uninstall ComboFix, delete its folders and files, hides System files and folders, and resets System Restore.

Click Start> Computer> right click the C Drive and choose Properties> enter
Click Disk Cleanup from there.

Click OK on the Disk Cleanup Screen.
Click Yes on the Confirmation screen.

This runs the Disk Cleanup utility along with other selections if you have chosen any. (if you had a lot System Restore points, you will see a significant change in the free space in C drive)
Access the Start menu. You will need to left-click on the "Start" button, located on the lower left-hand side of the screen; a submenu will open.

Scroll to the right of the submenu and left-click into “Control Panel."

Under the Control Panel, there are several icons; left-click on the “System” icon. A new menu will open. Click on the “System Restore” tab and the System Restore menu will open.

Click on the “Create a Restore Point” button, then click “Next." Enter in any text for a description, then click “Create."
This will give you a new, clean Restore point.
Go to Microsoft Windows Update and get all critical updates.

----------

I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust . WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

Check out Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for tips and free tools to help keep you safe in the future.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum