GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

Browser hijacked "Do Searches"

descriptionRe: Browser hijacked "Do Searches"

more_horiz
I do not use any real time antivirus, I only scan my pc with MBAM and superantispyware.

more_horiz
I do not use any real time antivirus, I only scan my pc with MBAM and superantispyware
That is not a very good idea. You can check your Add-ons in your browsers to see if there are any add-ons that could be causing that problem. I will cease help you with this problem until you install and activate one of these AV programs. I recommend MicroSoft Security Essentials.

Remember to only install one antivirus!

1) Avast! Home Edition
2) AVG Free Edition
3) Avira AntiVir Personal
4) MicroSoft Security Essentials  All versions and all languages.
5) Comodo Antivirus (Uncheck during installation "Install Comodo SafeSurf..", Make Comodo my default search provider" and "Make Comodo Search my homepage" if you choose this one)
6) PC Tools AntiVirus Free Edition

It is strongly recommended that you run only one antivirus program at a time. Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and false virus alerts. If you choose to install more than one antivirus program on your computer, then only one of them should be active in memory at a time.

more_horiz
I download and install Comodo. What next? I do not use microsoft security essentials because of my windows beeing a cracked version..

more_horiz
I checked my add-ons in my browser and all is ok, I do not have any unwanted add-on installed.. And virus is still active :/
We reached the limit? We cannot do sth else?

more_horiz
Here is the troublesome virus that hijacks my browsers
[/URL]

more_horiz
And here it is again on internet explorer.

more_horiz
This is not a virus. Since your Windows OS is not a legal version I cannot help you anymore. This is a rule of the forum.

more_horiz
At least tell me what can I do about it if it's not a virus. I cannot remove it, so what is it?

more_horiz
Vladimir wrote:
At least tell me what can I do about it if it's not a virus. I cannot remove it, so what is it?
What happens when you change your home page back to Google?

more_horiz
Never mind, thank you.. At last I solved the problem..

more_horiz
You're welcome. I will lock this thread. If you need it re-opened, please send me a pm.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum