WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRandom Music Playing, and Random Browser Lag - Page 2 EmptyRe: Random Music Playing, and Random Browser Lag

more_horiz
There were no infected files at all, so I don't think there's a point of posting the log. I don't think my laptop is infected anymore? I don't know.

descriptionRandom Music Playing, and Random Browser Lag - Page 2 EmptyRe: Random Music Playing, and Random Browser Lag

more_horiz
Is your computer working normally now? Any other issues before we clean up?

more_horiz
There's still that weird lag going on. But I guess I can manage.

more_horiz
To uninstall ComboFix

• Click the Start button. Click Run. For Vista: type in Run in the Start search, and click on Run in the results pane.
  • In the field, type in ComboFix /uninstall

Random Music Playing, and Random Browser Lag - Page 2 Combofix_uninstall_image

(Note: Make sure there's a space between the word ComboFix and the forward-slash.)

• Then, press Enter, or click OK.
  • This will uninstall ComboFix, delete its folders and files, hides System files and folders, and resets System Restore.

Click Start> Computer> right click the C Drive and choose Properties> enter
Click Disk Cleanup from there.

Random Music Playing, and Random Browser Lag - Page 2 Diskcleanup2

Click OK on the Disk Cleanup Screen.
Click Yes on the Confirmation screen.

Random Music Playing, and Random Browser Lag - Page 2 Diskcleanup

This runs the Disk Cleanup utility along with other selections if you have chosen any. (if you had a lot System Restore points, you will see a significant change in the free space in C drive)
Go to Microsoft Windows Update and get all critical updates.

----------

I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

SpywareBlaster- Secure your Internet Explorer to make it harder for ActiveX programs to run on your computer. Also stop certain cookies from being added to your computer when running Mozilla based browsers like Firefox.
* Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware
* If you don't know what ActiveX controls are, see here

Check out Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for tips and free tools to help keep you safe in the future.

Also see Slow Computer? It may not be Malware for free cleaning/maintenance tools to help keep your computer running smoothly.
Safe Surfing!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum