WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionW7 prob EmptyW7 prob

more_horiz
I needed to reinstall W7 and now I have reg errors and my pc wont read .NXC files I am trying to use Hero Engine used it just fine be for the reinstall but now I cant open it :(plz help Smile....

descriptionW7 prob EmptyRe: W7 prob

more_horiz
Hello and welcome.

I'm not familar with nxc files or Hero Engine. Had to do a search. Seems they are associated with a programming language and a development platform.

Before you reinstalled W7 were you opening the ncx files with Hero Engine? If so, and if it's not working now, try reinstalling Hero Engine. Also look to see if there are any plug-ins you missed.

While you're at it, check the Device Manager to ensure everything is good.

• Click on the Orb which is typically located in the lower left corner.

• R-click Computer

• In the left-hand pane, click Device Manager

• Check to see it there are any yellow or red marking associated with any of the devices.

more_horiz
K...no yellow and yes it was working just fine checked Hero Engine and all's installed correct .......could it be my Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) I wounder i'll try to reinstall it alwell if not I have no idea Sad tearing .

more_horiz
Great, let up know what happens with the reinstall.

more_horiz
reinstalled and still wont open nxc files or Hero Engine.

more_horiz
Again, I'm not familiar with these files or Hero Engine.

Generally speaking, each file has an extension that tell Windows what program to use to open it. Maybe your file association isn't correct. Can you open the nxc files from within Hero Engine or Visual C++?

more_horiz
no it just keeps saying cant open this file and wants me to choose a file to open it with or search the web.

more_horiz
In either Hero Engine or Visual C++, is there something in the File menu that says Open or Import? If so, use that to try to open your ncx file.

more_horiz
OK I found out what the problem was. Visual C++ was installed but was updated at the same time, the update is not working right, so I had to uninstall just the updates then install an older version and refuse the update until they fix it. But I thank you for trying to help me you guys are great Big Grin Big Grin

more_horiz
Who would have expected that. Good work detective.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum