WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBlackscreen when running a game? EmptyBlackscreen when running a game?

more_horiz
I purchased an Alienware X51 a few weeks ago and it just arrived 2 days ago. I downloaded a few things:
>League of Legends
>teamspeak 3
>Minecraft
>google chrome
For about a day everything was functioning perfectly, but just today, when I tried to run league of legends, it black screened and restarted. If I join a game, it works fine for the first 2-5 minutes, then black screen and makes a sort-of beeping noise, then restarts. If it means anything, my computer is hooked up to a TV with an HDMI cable. On the alienware support forum it said if I am black screening I most likely have a virus. It only seems to black screen if I'm running league of legends, however it did blackscreen 2 or 3 times when I was only running the client and not the game.

descriptionBlackscreen when running a game? EmptyRe: Blackscreen when running a game?

more_horiz
Did you try running it in Safe Mode?

descriptionBlackscreen when running a game? EmptyRe: Blackscreen when running a game?

more_horiz
Running league of legends? No, I didn't. Although I did run Super Anti Spyware in Safe mode and it didn't find anything besides a few tracking cookies. Should I try running league in Safe Mode? It requires internet connection to run, though...

more_horiz
NinjaSliced wrote:
Running league of legends? No, I didn't. Although I did run Super Anti Spyware in Safe mode and it didn't find anything besides a few tracking cookies. Should I try running league in Safe Mode? It requires internet connection to run, though...

Boot to Safe Mode with Networking and try running it to see if it will black-screen.

more_horiz
Nevermind, called alienware, they took control of the computer, figured out it was an issue with the graphics card over heating? (hitting like 200+ degrees Fahrenheit) so they replaced it today, and it overheated again. They didn't know what to do, said it was weird, and sending me another computer in exchange for the one I have

more_horiz
Good for you.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum