WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionTrojan horse Delf.ZRS - Page 2 EmptyRe: Trojan horse Delf.ZRS

more_horiz
One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and Download and Execute files

Read this article: Danger: Remote Access Trojans.

If your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, all passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for banking, email, eBay and forums. You should consider them to be compromised. They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one! If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breach.

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately.

Though the Trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall?

We can attempt to clean this machine but i can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Please let us know what you have decided to do in your next post

more_horiz
I looked into it however reformatting and reinstalling my laptop seemed a bit extreme since I mainly use it for word documents, music, photos and only use a few web functions, and I don't have any personal information stored on there apart from various passwords (which I have now changed).

So what measures could I take to ensure that my laptop is as clean and secure as it can be, without reinstalling the OS?

more_horiz
Ok, let's try running AdwCleaner and Junkware Removal tool that I post in my first post.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum