WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionApple posts iPhone 2.0.2 update; users say 3G problems remain EmptyApple posts iPhone 2.0.2 update; users say 3G problems remain

more_horiz
Initial reports: No difference in 3G reception after updating

(Computerworld) Apple Inc. updated the iPhone's software Monday afternoon, but according to first reports posted to the company's support forum, the new 2.0.2 firmware has not fixed users' 3G reception problems.

As it did two weeks ago when it released iPhone 2.0.1, Apple gave no details of today's update contents, stating only that it included "bug fixes."

Users expecting to see a fix for long-running 3G reception issues, however, were mostly disappointed. The majority who posted messages on the subject to Apple's support forum after installing iPhone 2.0.2 said that the update had not solved their problems, which included dropped calls, weak signal strength and slow surfing speeds.

"I just finished downloading the new 2.02 software and I do not see a difference," said a user identified as "jay25cent" on the longest thread about 2.0.2 and 3G.

"I can't see any improvements," echoed "curveball," who said he lived in Sweden. "Same crappy signal."

"Still no 3G here (O2 UK) for me," added "musicvan" on the same thread. "Disappointed. So unless the 3G network is down at my so-called 100% coverage area, then n

More: http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9112918&source=NLT_WK&nlid=2

descriptionApple posts iPhone 2.0.2 update; users say 3G problems remain EmptyRe: Apple posts iPhone 2.0.2 update; users say 3G problems remain

more_horiz
I cant stand that apple will do this to people. They have so many problems, I am glad I never waisted my money on the Iphone!!!!

descriptionApple posts iPhone 2.0.2 update; users say 3G problems remain EmptyRe: Apple posts iPhone 2.0.2 update; users say 3G problems remain

more_horiz
I won't actually get any operating system that runs on Apple saoftware. So I'll get a Samsung Omnia with Windows Mobile 6 instead.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum