WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A), NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A (B), Andro

2 posters

description IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A),   NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A   (B), Andro - Page 2 EmptyRe: IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A), NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A (B), Andro

more_horiz
ok doing it now thanks

doing the same thing it just freezes the system both normal and safe mode

description IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A),   NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A   (B), Andro - Page 2 EmptyRe: IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A), NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A (B), Andro

more_horiz
cybor462 wrote:
ok doing it now thanks

doing the same thing it just freezes the system both normal and safe mode

Ok, please run the RogueKiller scan and post the log.

more_horiz
Rkiller ran found something but did not write a log. I cant find it anyway. It only put a folder on the desktop with a EULA.txt which is the license agreement

more_horiz
I'd like to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

•Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScan

•Click the  IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A),   NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A   (B), Andro - Page 2 EsetOnline button.
•For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

• Click on  IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A),   NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A   (B), Andro - Page 2 EsetSmartInstall to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the  IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A),   NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A   (B), Andro - Page 2 EsetSmartInstallDesktopIcon-1 icon on your desktop.

•Check  IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A),   NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A   (B), Andro - Page 2 EsetAcceptTerms
•Click the  IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A),   NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A   (B), Andro - Page 2 EsetStart button.
•Accept any security warnings from your browser.

• Leave the check mark next to Remove found threats.

•Check  IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A),   NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A   (B), Andro - Page 2 EsetScanArchives
•Push the Start button.
•ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
•When the scan completes, push  IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A),   NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A   (B), Andro - Page 2 EsetListThreats
•Push  IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A),   NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A   (B), Andro - Page 2 EsetExport, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
•Push the  IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A),   NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A   (B), Andro - Page 2 EsetBack button.
•Push  IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A),   NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A   (B), Andro - Page 2 EsetFinish
A log file will be saved here: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt

more_horiz
doing it now

more_horiz
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\samsung files sd card\App_Manager\App_Backups\user_apps\com.charmingapps.rebelflag.apk a variant of Android/Adware.AirPush.G application deleted - quarantined
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\samsung files sd card\TitaniumBackup\com.charmingapps.rebelflag-2e43b4cc0c66b79c382df1a4044e5191.apk.gz a variant of Android/Adware.AirPush.G application deleted - quarantined
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\samsung files sd card\TitaniumBackup\com.charmingapps.rebelflag-ec930064db8a53503f88c34c285a17ba.apk.gz a variant of Android/Adware.AirPush.G application deleted - quarantined

more_horiz
That looks good. How's your computer running now?

more_horiz
seems ok do you think its clean?

The other pc that we worked on seemed ok but fell apart soon after found more bugs and its a mess. The firewall takes 5 min to start and AV will not start so I cant go online. Services are flaky unable to start or stop anything just keeps crashing the system. Something on that one seems to be keeping the services from working correctly and keeps system restore, firewall and security center from starting for 5-10 minutes then they pop up.
Are we sure this is clean? If so can we look at the other again? or do you have any other suggestions.
Thanks

more_horiz
Well I lied I checked the firewall and AV and they both were running as reported by security center but now the firewall reports to be turned off and I checked it with netsh and it says the service is not started This is on the pc we just scanned. I cant turn the firewall on manually or in security center says AVG firewall is reporting its turned off but as far as I know I dont have AVG had it a year
ago but uninstalled it when I started MSE

more_horiz
cybor462 wrote:
Well I lied I checked the firewall and AV and they both were running as reported by security center but now the firewall reports to be turned off and I checked it with netsh and it says the service is not started This is on the pc we just scanned. I cant turn the firewall on manually or in security center says AVG firewall is reporting its turned off but as far as I know I dont have AVG had it a year
ago but uninstalled it when I started MSE

Now I'm confused. Which computer are we talking about now?

more_horiz
This post is about the pc we just scanned. I have an update...... when I uninstalled MSE the firewall turned on and stays on and does this with every reboot. I will try another AV and see if it works.

Well I lied I checked the firewall and AV and they both were running as reported by security center but now the firewall reports to be turned off and I checked it with netsh and it says the service is not started This is on the pc we just scanned. I cant turn the firewall on manually or in security center says AVG firewall is reporting its turned off but as far as I know I dont have AVG had it a year ago but uninstalled it when I started using MSE

This post is concerning the pc you helped me with last week. they have the same OS (XP) but are in different computers.

The other pc that we worked on seemed ok but fell apart soon after found more bugs and its a mess. The firewall takes 5 min to start and AV will not start so I cant go online. Services are flaky unable to start or stop anything just keeps crashing the system. Something on that one seems to be keeping the services from working correctly and keeps system restore, firewall and security center from starting for 5-10 minutes then they pop up.
Are we sure this is clean? If so can we look at the other again? or do you have any other suggestions.
Thanks

more_horiz
Ok. Let's do some cleanup and see what happens.

To turn off Windows XP System Restore:

NOTE: These instructions assume that you are using the default Windows XP Start Menu and have not changed to the Classic Start menu. To re-enable the default menu, right-click Start, click Properties, click Start menu (not Classic) and then click OK.

1. Click Start.
2. Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.
3. Click the System Restore tab.
4. Check "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all drives"
5. Click Apply.
6. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click Yes to do this.
7. Click OK.
8. Restart the computer and follow the instructions in the next section to turn on System Restore.

To turn on Windows XP System Restore:

1. Click Start.
2. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
3. Click the System Restore tab.
4. Uncheck "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all drives."
5. Click Apply, and then click OK.
Click Start> Computer> right click the C Drive and choose Properties> enter
Click Disk Cleanup from there.

IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A),   NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A   (B), Andro - Page 2 Diskcleanup2

Click OK on the Disk Cleanup Screen.
Click Yes on the Confirmation screen.

IAMBIGBROTHER (A) BEAST (A),   NOADWARE (A), Android.Exploit.PSN.A   (B), Andro - Page 2 Diskcleanup

This runs the Disk Cleanup utility along with other selections if you have chosen any. (if you had a lot System Restore points, you will see a significant change in the free space in C drive)
Go to Microsoft Windows Update and get all critical updates.

----------

I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

SpywareBlaster- Secure your Internet Explorer to make it harder for ActiveX programs to run on your computer. Also stop certain cookies from being added to your computer when running Mozilla based browsers like Firefox.
* Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware
* If you don't know what ActiveX controls are, see here

Protect yourself against spyware using the Immunize feature in Spybot - Search & Destroy. Guide: Use Spybot's Immunize Feature to prevent spyware infection in real-time. Note: To ensure you have the latest Immunizations always update Spybot - Search & Destroy before Immunizing. Spybot - Search & Destroy FAQ

Check out Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for tips and free tools to help keep you safe in the future.

Also see Slow Computer? It may not be Malware for free cleaning/maintenance tools to help keep your computer running smoothly.
Safe Surfing!

more_horiz
ran uninstall on combofix and the others and now I cant get to system restore to do this last cleanup.

I have an image of it before the uninstall was done so I will restore it and then wait for your help getting them off without screwing it up

more_horiz
cybor462 wrote:
ran uninstall on combofix and the others and now I cant get to system restore to do this last cleanup.
I have an image of it before the uninstall was done so I will restore it and then wait for your help getting them off without screwing it up

I'm not sure I understand but the proper removal of ComboFix removes all your previous Restore Points and creates a new one. This is to eliminate any infection hiding in System Restore.

more_horiz
Not sure but since we finished with it System restore does not work nor does security center. If I uninstall the AV then security center works and firewall turns on. If AV is installed I tried several now if AV is installed firewall turns off and cant be started and security center and system restore do not work. if AV is uninstalled firewall is on and security center works and system restore works. I am lost here

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum