WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity

2 posters

descriptionAOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 EmptyRe: AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity

more_horiz
Thank you, SuperDave!

Completed
- Ran ComboFix to delete Wachovia.com from trusted zone.
- Ran Sysprot Antirootkit and RogueKiller (logs are above).

Have a great day!
George Sr

descriptionAOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 EmptyError message on close of RogueKiller

more_horiz
Oh, when I tried to close RogueKiller, I received a pop-up error window:

"No items have been deleted. Do you really want to quit?"

How should I respond?

descriptionAOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 EmptyRe: AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity

more_horiz
Oh, when I tried to close RogueKiller, I received a pop-up error window:

"No items have been deleted. Do you really want to quit?"

How should I respond?

Please run RogueKiller and delete those items.

I'd like to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

•Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScan

•Click the AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 EsetOnline button.
•For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

• Click on AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 EsetSmartInstall to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 EsetSmartInstallDesktopIcon-1 icon on your desktop.

•Check AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 EsetAcceptTerms
•Click the AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 EsetStart button.
•Accept any security warnings from your browser.

• Leave the check mark next to Remove found threats.

•Check AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 EsetScanArchives
•Push the Start button.
•ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
•When the scan completes, push AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 EsetListThreats
•Push AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 EsetExport, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
•Push the AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 EsetBack button.
•Push AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 EsetFinish
A log file will be saved here: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt

descriptionAOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 EmptyResults of ESET OnlineScan

more_horiz
Thank you, SuperDave.

ESETScan reports zero (0) infected files and zero (0) cleaned files.

I did not see a ">List of found threats" button or "Export to text file" button.

Below is contents of "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt"

I did not Push the "Finish" button yet.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
ESETSmartInstaller@High as downloader log:
all ok
# version=8
# OnlineScannerApp.exe=1.0.0.1
# OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.6920
# api_version=3.0.2
# EOSSerial=0a4e6c377a580648af79fc349fe8fd9a
# engine=13443
# end=finished
# remove_checked=false
# archives_checked=true
# unwanted_checked=false
# unsafe_checked=false
# antistealth_checked=true
# utc_time=2013-03-21 02:41:53
# local_time=2013-03-20 07:41:53 (-0800, Pacific Daylight Time)
# country="United States"
# lang=1033
# osver=5.1.2600 NT Service Pack 3
# compatibility_mode=9217 16777214 75 51 88925983 249521189 0 0
# scanned=128545
# found=0
# cleaned=0
# scan_time=7645

more_horiz
Ok. How's your computer running now? Any other issues before we cleanup?

more_horiz
Thank you, SuperDave!

The computer is running okay. Was any infections found?

If yes, is there any chance the infection propagated over the local network my other computers? I am seeing the AT&T ISP fixed network issues, and that I should restart my browsers on my other machines.

You really know your stuff!
Much appreciated,
George Sr

more_horiz
The computer is running okay. Was any infections found?

A few malware infections were removed along with some other junk but nothing serious.

If yes, is there any chance the infection propagated over the local network my other computers?

Only if you share files over the network. Let's do some cleanup.

To uninstall ComboFix

• Click the Start button. Click Run. For Vista: type in Run in the Start search, and click on Run in the results pane.
  • In the field, type in ComboFix /uninstall

AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 Combofix_uninstall_image

(Note: Make sure there's a space between the word ComboFix and the forward-slash.)

• Then, press Enter, or click OK.
  • This will uninstall ComboFix, delete its folders and files, hides System files and folders, and resets System Restore.

Click Start> Computer> right click the C Drive and choose Properties> enter
Click Disk Cleanup from there.

AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 Diskcleanup2

Click OK on the Disk Cleanup Screen.
Click Yes on the Confirmation screen.

AOL Mail log-ins reported suspicious activity - Page 2 Diskcleanup

This runs the Disk Cleanup utility along with other selections if you have chosen any. (if you had a lot System Restore points, you will see a significant change in the free space in C drive)
Go to Microsoft Windows Update and get all critical updates.

----------

I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

SpywareBlaster- Secure your Internet Explorer to make it harder for ActiveX programs to run on your computer. Also stop certain cookies from being added to your computer when running Mozilla based browsers like Firefox.
* Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware
* If you don't know what ActiveX controls are, see here

Protect yourself against spyware using the Immunize feature in Spybot - Search & Destroy. Guide: Use Spybot's Immunize Feature to prevent spyware infection in real-time. Note: To ensure you have the latest Immunizations always update Spybot - Search & Destroy before Immunizing. Spybot - Search & Destroy FAQ

Check out Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for tips and free tools to help keep you safe in the future.

Also see Slow Computer? It may not be Malware for free cleaning/maintenance tools to help keep your computer running smoothly.
Safe Surfing!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum