WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

google chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall

2 posters

descriptiongoogle chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall - Page 3 EmptyRe: google chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall

more_horiz
Test for Geneio please...

descriptiongoogle chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall - Page 3 EmptyRe: google chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall

more_horiz
it is still there

more_horiz
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop
Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu
•You may need to shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
•Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or
Seven, right-mouse click it and select Run as Administrator.
•The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
•On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
•Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Please download and run RKill.

Download mirror 1 - Download mirror 2 - Download mirror 3

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click the RKill desktop icon.
  • It will quickly run and launch a log. If it does not launch a log, try another download link until it does.
  • Please post its log in your next reply.
  • After it has run successfully, delete RKill.

Note: This tool only kills the active infection, the actual infection will not be gone. Once you reboot the infection will be active again! Please do not reboot until instructed further to do so.

Adware Cleaning

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Delete.
  • A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
  • Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt as well - n is the order number.

more_horiz

Code:

http://speedy.sh/k8QED/JRT.txt

more_horiz

Code:

http://speedy.sh/T9gQS/Rkill.txt

more_horiz
I ran adware cleaner and it automatically logged off...not sure if it re booted as the power did not go off...anyway here is the log

Code:

http://speedy.sh/PFBbn/AdwCleaner-S5.txt

more_horiz
Do the issues continue?

more_horiz
Not sure until i re boot.....should I?

more_horiz
Sure. Let me know. Smile...

more_horiz
re booted and yahoo genio is still in my system...also getting slower

more_horiz
Sorry to hear that. Remember the scan we did with SystemLook? We'll need that done again please.

more_horiz

Code:

http://speedy.sh/FjvqX/SystemLook.txt

more_horiz
Wow! Geneio is still on your system? And nothing on it was found by SystemLook....impressive!

Tell you what...remove Google Chrome...

Go to Control Panel > Programs... search for Google Chrome and remove it, please.

Then, follow this tutorial to manually uninstall it/remove any other information: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=111899

Are you having the problem on Firefox? Internet Explorer?

Then, reinstall Google Chrome...no extensions or anything yet. Smile...

Let me know if it helps.

more_horiz
I uninstalled chrome but when I try to manually remove it by clicking on their link all that gets saved to the desktop is a notepad saying this is to change the registry and it does not give me the option to click on yes as it says in the directions.
I have had problems with Internet Explorer and never used Firefox
should I reinstall chrome?

more_horiz
Try to reinstall now...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum