WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

google chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall

2 posters

descriptiongoogle chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall - Page 2 EmptyRe: google chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall

more_horiz
I originally did that and it did not work. Genio is not listed but it still comes up as my home page and there is no way to change it. I think ever since I accidently installled it my computer has been getting slower I think it is a virus in itself. There was no file to run in the last post

descriptiongoogle chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall - Page 2 EmptyRe: google chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall

more_horiz
You tried the Geneio download the remove it?

more_horiz
What Genio download? In Windows I had found the program and uninstalled it but that does not work and now it is not listed in the programs section

more_horiz
I wrote this:

If from any reason the uninstall does not work please download and run the following file

Link was to http://genieo.com/uninstall/updater_uninstall.exe

more_horiz
That does nothing I hit run and the box goes away and nothing happens except that it brings up my files listed under c:

more_horiz
SystemLook scan

Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2

NOTE: If you have a x86 system instead, please use this link.

• Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
  • Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:

:filefind
    *geneio*
    *genio*
    *yahoo*

:folderfind

*geneio*
    *genio*
    *yahoo*

:regfind

geneio
    genio
    yahoo

• Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

more_horiz
here is the log

Code:

http://speedy.sh/ZbWH8/SystemLook.exe

more_horiz

Code:

http://speedy.sh/yaVCx/SystemLook-30.docx

more_horiz
OTL Fix

Please run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, copy and paste in the following:

:reg
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{087CE277-A82B-4DA7-B4AA-303B9C99DADC}]
    [-HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2542492384-342735957-1596629310-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{087CE277-A82B-4DA7-B4AA-303B9C99DADC}]

:files
    ipconfig /flushdns /c

:commands
    [emptytemp]
    [reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top.
  • Note: The fix for OTL automatically hides your Desktop and Start menu so the fix can be completed. Do not be alerted, as this is normal.
  • Please do not exit the program. It might take a while to fix, but allow it to run. If it asks to reboot the computer, allow it to reboot. If the program freezes, and the computer fails to reboot - let me know.
    Lastly, post the contents of the log. (Located at C:\_OTL\Moved Files)

more_horiz
All processes killed
========== OTL ==========
Prefs.js: %7B972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd%7D:17.0 removed from extensions.enabledAddons
File C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\innimmmamipenpklmoafgkgidfhfemhb\2.0.1_0 not found.
========== FILES ==========
< ipconfig /flushdns /c >
Windows IP Configuration
Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
C:\Users\Paul\Downloads\cmd.bat deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Paul\Downloads\cmd.txt deleted successfully.
========== COMMANDS ==========

[EMPTYTEMP]

User: All Users

User: Default
->Temp folder emptied: 0 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 0 bytes

User: Default User
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 0 bytes

User: Paul
->Temp folder emptied: 757 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 32902 bytes
->Java cache emptied: 0 bytes
->FireFox cache emptied: 0 bytes
->Google Chrome cache emptied: 23861109 bytes
->Flash cache emptied: 0 bytes

User: Public

%systemdrive% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32 .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32\drivers .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
Windows Temp folder emptied: 9418 bytes
RecycleBin emptied: 0 bytes

Total Files Cleaned = 23.00 mb

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.69.0 log created on 12062012_194459

Files\Folders moved on Reboot...
File move failed. C:\Windows\temp\_avast_\Webshlock.txt scheduled to be moved on reboot.

PendingFileRenameOperations files...

Registry entries deleted on Reboot...

more_horiz
Test for Geneio please...

more_horiz
it is still there

more_horiz
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop
Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu
•You may need to shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
•Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or
Seven, right-mouse click it and select Run as Administrator.
•The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
•On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
•Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Please download and run RKill.

Download mirror 1 - Download mirror 2 - Download mirror 3

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click the RKill desktop icon.
  • It will quickly run and launch a log. If it does not launch a log, try another download link until it does.
  • Please post its log in your next reply.
  • After it has run successfully, delete RKill.

Note: This tool only kills the active infection, the actual infection will not be gone. Once you reboot the infection will be active again! Please do not reboot until instructed further to do so.

Adware Cleaning

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Delete.
  • A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
  • Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt as well - n is the order number.

more_horiz

Code:

http://speedy.sh/k8QED/JRT.txt

more_horiz

Code:

http://speedy.sh/T9gQS/Rkill.txt

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum