WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

google chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall

2 posters

descriptiongoogle chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall - Page 2 EmptyRe: google chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall

more_horiz
here is the link

Code:

http://speedy.sh/bthyH/log.txt

descriptiongoogle chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall - Page 2 EmptyRe: google chrome is redirected to yahoo.genio can't uninstall

more_horiz
ESET Online Scan

Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner

• Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the ActiveX control to install, or it will ask to download an installer. Please do so an install it.
  • Click Start or wait for the scanner to load.
  • Make sure that the options Remove found threats and the option Scan unwanted applications are checked.
  • Click Scan (This scan can take several hours, so please be patient)
  • Once the scan is completed, there are a couple of things to keep in mind:
  • 1. If NO threats were found, allow the scanner to Uninstall on close and then close the Window.
  • 2. If threats WERE detected, click on List of Threats Found, Export to Text File...save it as ESET-Scan-Log.txt. Click the back button/link, put a checkmark to Uninstall Application on Close and then close the window.
  • Open the logfile from wherever you saved it
  • Copy and paste the contents in your next reply.

Any more issues?

We need to know any other issues that are plaguing your computer. Kindly give a summary so we know how to continue from here.

Many of the things to note for us would be:

• Slow computer
  • Error messages
  • Fake antivirus alerts or the icon in the system tray
  • svchost.exe running at 100%
  • System crashes or blue screen of death

more_horiz
no threats found. I just want yahoo.genio uninstalled it makes my computer slow and I want it to boot to google chrome home page but yahoo.genio won't let it

more_horiz
Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome, and tell me if it helps...

more_horiz
no that did not help.....computer seems to be getting slower

more_horiz
OTL Quick Scan

Please download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.
  • Close all windows and double click OTL.exe.
  • Click Quick Scan button and let the program run uninterrupted.
  • It will produce a log for you called OTL.txt, please post it in your next reply.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

more_horiz
here is the log

Code:

http://speedy.sh/4Q2q7/OTL.Txt

more_horiz
OTL Fix

Please run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, copy and paste in the following:

:OTL
    FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledAddons: %7B972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd%7D:17.0
    CHR - Extension: Color my Facebook = C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\innimmmamipenpklmoafgkgidfhfemhb\2.0.1_0\

:files
    ipconfig /flushdns /c

:commands
    [emptytemp]
    [reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top.
  • Note: The fix for OTL automatically hides your Desktop and Start menu so the fix can be completed. Do not be alerted, as this is normal.
  • Please do not exit the program. It might take a while to fix, but allow it to run. If it asks to reboot the computer, allow it to reboot. If the program freezes, and the computer fails to reboot - let me know.
    Lastly, post the contents of the log. (Located at C:\_OTL\Moved Files)

Any more issues?

We need to know any other issues that are plaguing your computer. Kindly give a summary so we know how to continue from here.

Many of the things to note for us would be:

• Slow computer
  • Error messages
  • Fake antivirus alerts or the icon in the system tray
  • svchost.exe running at 100%
  • System crashes or blue screen of death

more_horiz
Ran fix but it did not get rid of the problem and the computer is getting slower....what is it with this yahoo genio??

more_horiz
Here is the info on their site:

How do I remove Genieo?

On Windows:

• Open Control Panel.
  • On Windows 7 - choose “Uninstall a program”. On Windows XP - choose “Add/Remove Programs”.
  • Select the “Genieo” entry from the list of installed programs and click the “Uninstall” button.
  • If from any reason the uninstall does not work please download and run the following file.

Once that's done (if successful), post new log from OTL please.

more_horiz
I originally did that and it did not work. Genio is not listed but it still comes up as my home page and there is no way to change it. I think ever since I accidently installled it my computer has been getting slower I think it is a virus in itself. There was no file to run in the last post

more_horiz
You tried the Geneio download the remove it?

more_horiz
What Genio download? In Windows I had found the program and uninstalled it but that does not work and now it is not listed in the programs section

more_horiz
I wrote this:

If from any reason the uninstall does not work please download and run the following file

Link was to http://genieo.com/uninstall/updater_uninstall.exe

more_horiz
That does nothing I hit run and the box goes away and nothing happens except that it brings up my files listed under c:

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum