WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Cannot run .exes and they disappear into thin air

2 posters

descriptionCannot run .exes and they disappear into thin air - Page 3 EmptyRe: Cannot run .exes and they disappear into thin air

more_horiz
Try to download the zip file from here: http://sdrv.ms/PEiIIK

descriptionCannot run .exes and they disappear into thin air - Page 3 EmptyRe: Cannot run .exes and they disappear into thin air

more_horiz
Trying the download now

more_horiz
Same as it ever was

more_horiz
Open Comodo --> click on View Antivirus Events --> Check the entries and see if you can find any entry related to the removal of the zenith.exe

more_horiz
Found it, last quarantine was 8/21/2012

more_horiz
But that was two days ago, and I still can't run it

more_horiz
Malware name "TrojWare.Win32.Game"Thief.Magania.~YB@225330048

more_horiz
GameThief* not Game"Thief

more_horiz
Perpleks,
Before proceeding further, start a thread in the Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal: http://www.GeekPolice.net/f11-virus-spyware-malware-removal
Request their assistance regarding this infection, I'm not trained in Malware Removals and infections.
I would say if the AV says that the file is malicious I'll stay away from that file.

more_horiz
Mmkay, I'll go check there, but it also says there's this file "redblade" and in fact it is the virus on every quarantine since August 12th

more_horiz
You had two AV's AVG and Comodo, having more than AV running in a computer can cause some terrible things like making it easier for an infection to get in.
We came to know that this file is an infection according to Comodo. So I directed you to the experts to get a clean system health certificate, to make sure nothing else is lurking in the background. Better safe than sorry.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum