WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

i got something

2 posters

descriptioni got something  - Page 2 EmptyRe: i got something

more_horiz
I assume things are ok with your computer. Let's do some cleanup.

To set a new Restore Point.

Click Start button , click Control Panel, click System and Maintenance, and then clicking System. In the left pane, click System Protection. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. To turn off System Protection for a hard disk, clear the check box next to the disk, and then click OK. Reboot to Normal Mode.
Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click System and Maintenance, and then click System.
In the left pane, click System Protection. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
To turn on System Protection for a hard disk, select the check box next to the disk, and then click OK.
This will give you a new, clean Restore Point.
To remove all of the tools we used and the files and folders they created do the following:
Double click OTL.exe.

• Click the CleanUp button.
  • Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes.

Note: If any tool, file or folder (belonging to the program we have used) hasn't been deleted, please delete it manually.
Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.

Double-click TFC.exe to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.

* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
* Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
* Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.
Use the Secunia Software Inspector to check for out of date software.

•Click Start Now

•Check the box next to Enable thorough system inspection.

•Click Start

•Allow the scan to finish and scroll down to see if any updates are needed.
•Update anything listed.
----------

Go to Microsoft Windows Update and get all critical updates.

----------

I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

SpywareBlaster- Secure your Internet Explorer to make it harder for ActiveX programs to run on your computer. Also stop certain cookies from being added to your computer when running Mozilla based browsers like Firefox.
* Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware
* If you don't know what ActiveX controls are, see here

Protect yourself against spyware using the Immunize feature in Spybot - Search & Destroy. Guide: Use Spybot's Immunize Feature to prevent spyware infection in real-time. Note: To ensure you have the latest Immunizations always update Spybot - Search & Destroy before Immunizing. Spybot - Search & Destroy FAQ

Check out Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for tips and free tools to help keep you safe in the future.

Also see Slow Computer? It may not be Malware for free cleaning/maintenance tools to help keep your computer running smoothly.
Safe Surfing!

more_horiz
hey i can't do windows up dates i get an error message 80246008 could this be an infection?

more_horiz
Open the Windows Update troubleshooter by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Update.

more_horiz
Superdave wrote:
Open the Windows Update troubleshooter by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Update.
i have tried that several times and it doesn't work

more_horiz
You can try this or check out this site.

If BITS can’t be started for some reason, first make sure it is enabled in the Services control panel applet. Go to Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, and click on Services.

Make sure that Background Intelligent Transfer Service is set to Automatic or Manual as the startup type.

i got something  - Page 2 Bitswontstart-thumb

If it’s not set to Manual or Automatic, then double-click on it and change the startup type to either one of these. If the service is configured correctly, but BITS will still not start up properly, check to make sure none of the dependent services are disabled.

Again, go through the list of services and make sure all of the following are set to Automatic or Manual:

Terminal Services, Remote Procedure Call (RPC), System Event Notification, Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions, COM+ Event System, DCOM Server Process Launcher

If all of the services are correctly configured, you can try to delete and reset the download queue by deleting the following two files:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat

Now try to start the BITS service by going to the command prompt and typing in net start bits. This will reset the BITS transfer queue and hopefully allow the service to start properly.

more_horiz
i can't find Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) in my computer

more_horiz
Did you try the things suggested in the link I gave you?

more_horiz
i found it and followed step by step and still the same error message :sad:

more_horiz
I think you should start a new thread in this forum to get help with that problem.

more_horiz
i did and did not get 1 response

http://www.GeekPolice.net/t29150-i-cant-do-windows-updates

more_horiz
DJ Englewood wrote:
i did and did not get 1 response

http://www.GeekPolice.net/t29150-i-cant-do-windows-updates

It will probably take a bit to get a response.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum