WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website

2 posters

descriptionSuccessfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website - Page 3 EmptyRe: Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website

more_horiz
Getting anymore alerts? How is the computer running altogether?

descriptionSuccessfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website - Page 3 EmptyRe: Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website

more_horiz
There are no more alerts and the computer is running slightly faster. In general though most of my games and programs run at the same speed as after the virus infected my computer.

Thank You

more_horiz
Hi! Your logs appear to be clean. If there are no more issues, then we shall clean up!

Clean up System Restore

Now, to get you off to a clean start, we will be creating a new Restore Point, then clearing the old ones to make sure you do not get reinfected, in case you need to "restore back."

To manually create a new Restore Point

• Go to Control Panel and select System and Maintenance
  • Select System
  • On the left select Advance System Settings and accept the warning if you get one
  • Select System Protection Tab
  • Select Create at the bottom
  • Type in a name i.e. Clean
  • Select Create
Now we can purge the infected ones
  • Go back to the System and Maintenance page
  • Select Performance Information and Tools
  • On the left select Open Disk Cleanup
  • Select Files from all users and accept the warning if you get one
  • In the drop down box select your main drive i.e. C
  • For a few moments the system will make some calculations:
    Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website - Page 3 Diskcleanup1
  • Select the More Options tab
    Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website - Page 3 Moreoptions
  • In the System Restore and Shadow Backups select Clean up
    Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website - Page 3 Moreoptions2
  • Select Delete on the pop up
  • Select OK
  • Select Delete

Run OTC to remove our tools

To remove all of the tools we used and the files and folders they created, please do the following:
Please download OTC.exe by OldTimer:
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click OTC.exe.
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes.

Note: If any tool, file or folder (belonging to the program we have used) hasn't been deleted, please delete it manually.

Purge old temporary files

Download CCleaner Slim and save it to your Desktop - Alternate download link

When the file has been saved, go to your Desktop and double-click on ccsetupxxx_slim.exe
Follow the prompts to install the program.

* Double-click the CCleaner shortcut on the desktop to start the program.
* Click on the Options block on the left, then choose Cookies.
* Under Cookies to Delete, highlight any cookies you would like to retain permanently
* Click the right arrow > to move them to the Cookies to Keep window.
* Go into Options > Advanced & uncheck Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours
* Click Cleaner on the left then Run Cleaner on the right to run the program.
* Important: Make sure that ALL browser windows are closed before selecting Run Cleaner

Caution: Only use the Registry feature if you are very familiar with the registry.
Always back up your registry before making any changes. Exit CCleaner after it has completed it's process.

Security Check

Please download Security Check by screen317 from SpywareInfoforum.org or Changelog.fr.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

Tell me in your next reply, if you have completed these tasks:
  • Cleaned System Restore
  • Ran OTC
  • Ran CCleaner
  • Ran Security Check

Also, let me know how your computer is running, and don't forget to post the contents of the Security Check log.

more_horiz
There's no visible change to the system.

Here's the log

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.49
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is enabled)
Internet Explorer 9
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
Windows Firewall Disabled!
AVG Internet Security 2012
Antivirus up to date! (On Access scanning disabled!)
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.62.0.1300
AVG PC Tuneup
JavaFX 2.1.1
Java(TM) 7 Update 5
Java version out of Date!
Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.271 Flash Player out of Date!
Adobe Reader X (10.1.4)
Google Chrome 21.0.1180.79
Google Chrome 21.0.1180.83
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice.exe
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui.exe
AVG avgwdsvc.exe
AVG avgtray.exe
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 0%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

more_horiz
What do you mean no physical change?

Adobe Flash Player Update!

Please download the newest version of Adobe Flash Player from Adobe.com

Before installing: it is important to remove older versions of Flash Player since it does not do so automatically and old versions still leave you vulnerable.
Go to the Control Panel and enter Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features in Vista/7).
Search in the list for all previous installed versions of Adobe Flash Player. Uninstall/Remove each of them.

Once old versions are gone, please install the newest version.

Update Java

Please download the newest version of Java from Java.com.

Before installing: it is important to remove older versions of Java since it does not do so automatically and old versions still leave you vulnerable.
Go to the Control Panel and enter Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features in Vista/7).
Search in the list for all previous installed versions of Java. (J2SE Runtime Environment). Please uninstall/remove each of them.

Once old versions are gone, please install the newest version.

Read more about Java exploit problems

more_horiz
Yeah it's working much better now. There's definitely an improvement. It's still not as good as it used to be, at least I don't think it is, but it's working fine at the moment.

Thanks for all the help. You've really saved me a lot of time and effort. I'm pretty clueless about computers so it would have taken at least 6months to get it fixed. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.

more_horiz
You're welcome.

Personal Tips on Preventing Malware

See this page for more info about malware and prevention.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum