WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionLG DVD Player and HP Printer do not work properly after Virus - Page 1 EmptyRe: LG DVD Player and HP Printer do not work properly after Virus

more_horiz
Okay. Since you have to let the fix system look for what's on the CD, please change the sourcepath to whatever drive letter your CD-ROM drive is.

descriptionLG DVD Player and HP Printer do not work properly after Virus - Page 1 EmptyRe: LG DVD Player and HP Printer do not work properly after Virus

more_horiz
changed source letter from c: to D: and re-ran sfc /scannow. I inserted windows xp cd when prompted and still get the message that I have inserted the wrong cd. I am sure i am inserting the right windows cd. (I only have one.) dvd player will still play a couple of my music video dvds but thats all.

more_horiz
Do you know what the brand (make/model) is? I can check compatibility...

more_horiz
LG DVDRW LS 20X H55LK LightScribe

more_horiz
Thanks for that. More questions...

Have you attempted any of this in Safe Mode?

Do you have more than one drive on the computer?

Did you modify any settings in the Registry or BIOS for the drive?

more_horiz
No haven't tried safe mode.
only one drive
I haven't modified any registry settings that I know of.

more_horiz
All of the evidence leads to a failing drive. We could continue running fixes till we're blue in the face, but when a drive fails...it's done.

Usually, in this case, if you have LG support repair it, (if not under warranty), you'll pay an arm and a leg to replace the burning mechanism. Same type of stuff I went through, except my issue was more VCR/DVD recorder problem.

Price of new drive: $40-80 USD
Price of mechanism: $60-260 depending on brand popularity
Cost of replacing mechanism (tiresome): $60-200 depending on experience of techie.

As you can see, a new drive is the best option.

I'm sorry it came to this, as I wouldn't recommend you to pay anything unless if necessary.

Let me know what you do.

more_horiz
Ok, that was my thinking also. I will probably just replace it. Thanks for all your help.

more_horiz
You're welcome. Only glad to help. Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum