WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionIrregular 105 errors WiFi EmptyIrregular 105 errors WiFi

more_horiz
Hi, I seem to have a unstable wifi setup. I have Irregular or intermittent 105 errors that are driving me up the wall. I have an acer aspire ethos laptop, win7 64bit home edition, a usb wifi modem (TEHS_OC280C), AVG virus protection, my wifi is managed by intel proset, I have full signal strength. Some days I can operate wifi no probs and other days it is a B. It seems that the more I browse or use multiple tabs the more probs I have with105 error, but once it starts it is very hard to regain internet access. I run win7 wifi diagnostic and it shows that I am connected even when I have the yellow triangle over the wifi systray symbol. Yet when I click the systray symbol it shows no internet access, yet the diagnostics show excellent signal strength and I am connected????? When I open the browser after this I go to sleep watching the backward spinning arrow and then a 105 error comes up (sometimes a 118 timeout will precede the 105), sometimes it takes me near all day for this to rectify and other days it is fine. Because the diagnostics say things are fine I cannot work this prob out. I am reasonably computer proficient but NEW to Win 7 and WiFi.

This has been a big prob to me as I bid for up to a dozen different ebay auctions a night some nights (stamp collecter) and there is nothing worse than losing the bid to a 105 error. I hope you can help and thanks in advance. cheers Pete

descriptionIrregular 105 errors WiFi EmptyRe: Irregular 105 errors WiFi

more_horiz
Intermittent wireless issues are difficult to diagnose. The problem could be in either your router or your wireless network adapter in your computer. It can also be caused by outside interference.

If you have another computer, does it exhibit the same symptoms? If so, then the problem could be in your router or outside interference. If not, then the problem may be in the computer's wireless adapter.

more_horiz
Hi again, Thank you for your input. In respect to interference I live in a rural area 600 metres from Telstra WiFi repeater (full signal strength) this prob also happens when I roam. I do have a desktop but it is landlined (no wifi) The usb adapter along with the laptop is brand new, I am at a loss what to do with this Sad tearing is there some way I can moniter this prob or a recommended program that will do it ???. Because I live in the bush it is hard for me to get assistance.
cheers and thanks Pete.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum