WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

CONNOT REREGISTER Mshtml.dll

2 posters

descriptionCONNOT REREGISTER  Mshtml.dll  - Page 2 EmptyRe: CONNOT REREGISTER Mshtml.dll

more_horiz
Yeah, just run the Cleaner tab, click on Run Cleaner.

That should be fine!

descriptionCONNOT REREGISTER  Mshtml.dll  - Page 2 EmptyRe: CONNOT REREGISTER Mshtml.dll

more_horiz
This is he result from the windows update attempt

[Error number: 0x8007050A]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

more_horiz
Darn!

Please go to this page and download Fix Windows Update by Ramesh Kumar and save to your Desktop.
(Click on the hard drive icon with a downward arrow).
  • Extract it to your Desktop.
  • Then, double-click on the program and click the Fix Windows Update button.
  • Reboot your computer and see if it will work now.

more_horiz
it keeps asking for Vista and I run XP

more_horiz
Please have Internet Explorer reset: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737#fixit4me

Click on the Fix-it button.

more_horiz
Internet out since saturday
Reset was done.
Still can't run updates

more_horiz
Let's try this:

Unregister and re-register the mshtml.dll and then check if you come across the issue.
Step 1:
a. Click on Start.

b. Click on Run and then type

regsvr32 /u mshtml.dll

c. Click on OK.

Step 2:

a. Click on Start.

b. Click on Run, type:

regsvr32 mshtml.dll

c. Click OK.

Let me know if that was successful!

The hotfix mentioned here might work: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

more_horiz
The rsults for both parts was the following message

"Mshtml.dll was loaded but, the Dllregisterserver entry point was not found. This file cannot be registered."

more_horiz
one was register one ws unregister.. my bad

more_horiz
Download LockSearch to your desktop

• A window will pop up, Press 2 and then Enter. A scan will start, let it run uninterrupted. It should only take a few minutes.
  • A log will appear when it is finished, it will also be saved in the same location as LockSearch, which should be on your desktop. Post the contents of the log in your reply

more_horiz
LockSearch by jpshortstuff (05.11.09.1)
Log created at 10:39 on 08/07/2012 (HP_Administrator)
Scanning C:\

C:\hiberfil.sys
-------------------------

C:\pagefile.sys
-------------------------

-=E.O.F=-

more_horiz
Are you up for a data-safe Windows XP repair install?

If so, I will point you to the tutorial for it...

more_horiz
How hard can it be? Send it on dude! I am backed up to an external drive as well

more_horiz
This topic should help: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/138-how-to-repair-windows-xp/

more_horiz
Jay I am going to be off line for a week or so. Can you keep the thread active till i get back to you with results?

Chris

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum