WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionevent viewer Emptyevent viewer

more_horiz
Hi, I am a new member so I am asking this question to get started. I am not new to troubleshooting and repairing computers. However, I must say I feel like a novice in Windows 7. I have a laptop with windows 7 ultimate pre-installed. My question has to do with all the errors in the event viewer. I am sure the errors have been there for a while. I confess I have not paid attention to it. My system seemed stable so I left well enough alone. Then I downloaded a program ilivid download manager bandoo and searchqu came with it they made my system unstable. It hijacked IE and changed my home page to a page that WOT gave a unsafe warning of. I returned my homepage to what it was and I uninstalled both programs. Searchqu is not so easy to get rid of. Even though it is disabled, Searchqu still displays in IE addons. Now I am returning my system to a stable condition. I have been going through the event viewer and finding lots and lots of errors and I want to fix them. I have been google searching the error codes and for some of them the information I found says that they are no problem, like IPsec policy agent ID 7000 and Bonjour ID 100. I am of a mind that any error is a problem so what is the best way go about fixing the errors. Thanks Jeanette

descriptionevent viewer EmptyRe: event viewer

more_horiz
It's highly recommended to search and remove malware now...

Please visit this webpage for a tutorial on downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

See the area: Using ComboFix, and when done, post the log back here.

more_horiz
Are you still with us? Please update us on your situation.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum