WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Computer Has Black Screen, No Fan

3 posters

descriptionComputer Has Black Screen, No Fan - Page 2 EmptyRe: Computer Has Black Screen, No Fan

more_horiz
Hopefully it hasnt if thats the case i may aswill get a new motherboard becuase the video is soldered onto the mobo itself.

When i take the ram out i heard the normal beeping sound that if it was working It beeps 2 times per secound and stops around the 6th secound which is normal and they are short versus one/two per second.

And i think the video card is still working I opened the computer up and play around with the display cable and a few times i saw a quick flash on the screen which tells me the cable must of shorted out.

Thanks for the help so far.

descriptionComputer Has Black Screen, No Fan - Page 2 EmptyRe: Computer Has Black Screen, No Fan

more_horiz
How would i know if its the display cable for sure?

What tests could i run this will save me money to get a technician to look at it and all they have todo and replace the part thats broken or has sorted out.

more_horiz
Well, if you saw a flash on the screen when you fiddled with the cable, it is indeed shorted out.

Now, before I answer these questions for sure...

Did you/were you able to get an external screen to work when plugged in?

more_horiz
Like i thought should i buy a new cable of ebay or somewhere then and test it with a new one or still take it to a technician?

And no the external display doesent work still but seeing the flash tells me that the graphic card is still operational, what does the display cable run? would that be external aswill.
And i didnt know a charger that gets shorted out by a switch can ruin a good laptop :sad:

The only issue is that i wont be able to have it looked at for another 2 weeks since i need to get enough money to pay for it to get looked at.

more_horiz
The display cable is a good chance, if it's cheap. It is probably the best first chance method to do.

Laptop screens, when you buy them, are quite expensive. And motherboards, don't get me started. Goofy

But yeah, let's try the first method you have suggested to fix the issue, and let me know if that works out or not.

more_horiz
Ok, I will try and see if that works I will also take it to a techinican first and see what they say.

So where can a find a display c able that will fit into the motherboard to the screen theres none on ebay?

more_horiz
Good question... Goofy

Search this in Google Shopping... there are a couple of items in there: toshiba l750d laptop display cable

more_horiz
Thanks you helping alot with this situation Big Grin

I will search now and see what i can find in there.

My other question would be is, Would the display cable affect the external display aswill?

Nothing Found Besides A Keyboard..

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&tbm=shop&q=toshiba+l750d+laptop+display+cable&oq=toshiba+l750d+laptop+display+cable&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=products-cc.12...55974.55974.0.91355.1.1.0.0.0.0.1389.1389.7-1.1.0...0.0.

more_horiz
I have no clue if the connection from the display cable would affect the ext. display.

more_horiz
I may aswill try the display cable first i will get a techician to look at it and if they say its a display cable i will purchase a new one.

Dont know what can shortned out only a four month old laptop?

more_horiz
Not sure. See what the technician says and keep me updated, please. Smile...

more_horiz
Ok Thanks and i will Smile...

Please check your pms

more_horiz
Hey,

How much would it cost just to put a new motherboard in?

everything is breaking down, its not worth fixing everything every 5 secounds.

more_horiz
First you have to figure out the cost of the new motherboard...it depend on your PC.

Although a difficult process, it should be manageable to do it on your own, but only if you have PC repair experience.

more_horiz
I know someone that does I have just sold the hard disk to someone but i can get a new disk.

And i know someone that has pc repair expirence he will do it for no fee.
But the motherboard will be the main cost.

PS: Sorry for the short sentences in a hurry doing some things.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum