WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionConstant Freezing when started Normally and in Safe Mode EmptyConstant Freezing when started Normally and in Safe Mode

more_horiz
Hello,

My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate, and has been freezing out of no where. When i experienced this problem at first I just manually shut down my computer and started it up again. Everything would seem fine on the start up but about 4-5 minutes into whatever it is i am doing, my computer would freeze and if i have sound going on it would repeat in a loud buzzing sound. I tried using safe mode to check for viruses and have found nothing. On some occasions nothing will go wrong and i can use my computer for the day, but usually when i put the computer to sleep and use it the next morning it would freeze 4 or 5 minutes into operating, again. I recently "reformatted" to Windows 7 Ultimate from Home because i had this problem before and was hoping reformatting would help it, but it has not helped. Also in my Local Disk i still contain a lot of files from before i reformatted, which is why i put it in quotes, so i probably did not reformat correctly. Thanks for your help!

descriptionConstant Freezing when started Normally and in Safe Mode EmptyRe: Constant Freezing when started Normally and in Safe Mode

more_horiz
What model PC are you using? If built post the specs.
How are the temps? Use HWMonitor to check the temps.
Run the manufacturer diagnostics on the hard drive to check for errors.
Use Memtest86+ Advanced Diagnostics to test the memory for several passes.

descriptionConstant Freezing when started Normally and in Safe Mode EmptyRe: Constant Freezing when started Normally and in Safe Mode

more_horiz
to me it sounds more like bad memory problems, yes you should indeed download memtest86+ and burn the iso image onto a bootable cd then you can perform the ram test, is the screen will be blue, but as soon as it turns red then you know it is bad ram for sure, what you have to do after is remove all the ram sticks and re run the test with only one stick at the time until you isolate the bad one

good luck!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum