WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Urgent Help with Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf

2 posters

descriptionUrgent Help with Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf - Page 2 EmptyRe: Urgent Help with Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf

more_horiz
Hi Dave,

I tried cleaning up using above steps but I can still see all the software: Mbam, sysprot, SuperAntiSpyware, SecurityCheck, TFC, aswMBR are still present at my desktop.

Also command "ComboFix /uninstall" didn't run for me. I tried all the combinations too.

There is also one more wired behavior at startup. I see 2 text files being open up every time my computer restarts.
Screen shot is attached:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f45/17/35/08/35/at_sta10.jpg

Let me know how can we fix it.

descriptionUrgent Help with Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf - Page 2 EmptyRe: Urgent Help with Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf

more_horiz
I tried cleaning up using above steps but I can still see all the software: Mbam, sysprot, SuperAntiSpyware, SecurityCheck, TFC, aswMBR are still present at my desktop.

You can uninstall/delete those programs.

Download this program and run it Uninstall ComboFix .It will remove ComboFix for you

To turn off Windows XP System Restore:

NOTE: These instructions assume that you are using the default Windows XP Start Menu and have not changed to the Classic Start menu. To re-enable the default menu, right-click Start, click Properties, click Start menu (not Classic) and then click OK.

1. Click Start.
2. Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.
3. Click the System Restore tab.
4. Check "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all drives"
5. Click Apply.
6. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click Yes to do this.
7. Click OK.
8. Restart the computer and follow the instructions in the next section to turn on System Restore.

To turn on Windows XP System Restore:

1. Click Start.
2. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
3. Click the System Restore tab.
4. Uncheck "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all drives."
5. Click Apply, and then click OK.
There is also one more wired behavior at startup. I see 2 text files being open up every time my computer restarts.

I've never seen this before. Is this the first time this has happened?

more_horiz
That started happening after I ran ComboFix for the first time long back. If I remember correctly my laptop got hang and I had to force reboot my laptop while combofix was in process to clean my laptop. And after that I see those 2 files open everytime my laptop reboots.

more_horiz
ComboFix is a very powerful program and should not be used without the guidance of a malware expert. I suspect that's what happened here and since it happened long ago, I wouldn't know how to fix it now. Those text files must have a name. Try running a search for them and delete them, if found.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum