WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionpc wont download anything. help Emptypc wont download anything. help

more_horiz
sons girlfriend has a hp laptop, running windows 7, that wont download anything, no matter what it is. not even a new browser, but it will open web pages. it stops all anti virus, anything you throw at it. any ideas would be greatly appreciated i ran scan disk and it found a bad cluster, so im wondering if that's the problem

descriptionpc wont download anything. help EmptyRe: pc wont download anything. help

more_horiz
Hi, I see this is your first post. Scan disk will correct issues with a hard drive. It's probably not related to the download issue.

You didn't say which browser you're using. I'll assume that it's Internet Explorer 9. You can try resetting Internet Explorer.
Here's a nice link direct from Microsoft that tell you how to do that:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings-in-Internet-Explorer-9

descriptionpc wont download anything. help EmptyRe: pc wont download anything. help

more_horiz
thanks for your suggestion, tried that with internet exploerer 9, but didnt solve the download issue.

more_horiz
I'd look to see if your firewall is preventing the downloads. You could have some malware on that machine. The Malware removal forum here is the proper place to post for help of that sort.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum