WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Can't run any search engine and pc is running badly

2 posters

descriptionCan't run any search engine and pc is running badly - Page 2 EmptyRe: Can't run any search engine and pc is running badly

more_horiz
I got my pc to load normal. I just shut down that scan removed the disk and now my pc starts but i still have all the same problems I had before and that scan that disk was doing never did get to finsh it stayed stuck right on that file I mentioned

descriptionCan't run any search engine and pc is running badly - Page 2 EmptyRe: Can't run any search engine and pc is running badly

more_horiz
Please try this. Boot your computer in Safe Mode with NetWorking, download, install and run a scan with MBAM (below) Re-boot in Normal mode and try to run the scan again.
Safe Mode

Can't run any search engine and pc is running badly - Page 2 Mbamicontw5 Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here.
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
  • Please save the log to a location you will remember.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the entire report in your next reply.

Extra Note:

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

more_horiz
ok I did what you said but it still didnt find anything but that scan I tried to run when I couldnt get my pc to load at all found all kinds of stuff but it just kept getting stuck on that one file. The more of these scans I seem to run the worse my pc is getting. It now takes about 3 minutes for a web page to load

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.0.1800
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.01.17.04

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS (Safe Mode/Networking)
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
Vangie :: PAIN [administrator]

1/23/2012 2:12:11 PM
mbam-log-2012-01-23 (14-12-11).txt

Scan type: Full scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 333052
Time elapsed: 36 minute(s), 50 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

more_horiz
Save these instructions so you can have access to them while in Safe Mode.

Please click here to download AVP Tool by Kaspersky.

• Save it to your desktop.
  • Reboot your computer into SafeMode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight SafeMode then hit enter.
  • Double click the setup file to run it.
  • Click Next to continue.
  • Accept the License agreement and click on next.
  • It will, by default, install it to your desktop folder. Click Next.
  • It will then open a box There will be a tab that says Automatic scan.
  • Under Automatic scan make sure these are checked.

• Hidden Startup Objects
  • System Memory
  • Disk Boot Sectors.
  • My Computer.
  • Also any other drives (Removable that you may have)

Leave the rest of the settings as they appear as default.
•Then click on Scan at the to right hand Corner.
•It will automatically Neutralize any objects found.
•If some objects are left un-neutralized then click the button that says Neutralize all
•If it says it cannot be neutralized then choose the delete option when prompted.
•After that is done click on the reports button at the bottom and save it to file name it Kas.
•Save it somewhere convenient like your desktop and just post only the detected Virus\malware in the report it will be at the very top under Detected post those results in your next reply.

Note: This tool will self uninstall when you close it so please save the log before closing it.

more_horiz
ok I ran that antivirus and it found one trojan, but when I try and post the log here, the web page locks up and I still can't run any search engine of any kind, so whatever it did didnt help, but it seems to be getting worse again.

more_horiz
Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

To prevent your anti-virus application interfering with ComboFix we need to disable it. See [URL="http://www.pchelpforum.com/anti-virus/110194-how-disable-your-security-applications.html"]here[/URL] for a tutorial regarding how to do so if you are unsure.

• Close any open windows and double click ComboFix.exe to run it.

You will see the following image:

Can't run any search engine and pc is running badly - Page 2 NSIS_disclaimer_ENG

Click I Agree to start the program.

ComboFix will then extract the necessary files and you will see this:

Can't run any search engine and pc is running badly - Page 2 NSIS_extraction

As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. This will not occur in Windows Vista and 7

It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.

Can't run any search engine and pc is running badly - Page 2 RcAuto1

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Can't run any search engine and pc is running badly - Page 2 Whatnext

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).

Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running. ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.

Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may call it to stall.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum