WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFacebook dominates worldwide social networking, study finds EmptyFacebook dominates worldwide social networking, study finds

more_horiz
New users overseas flock to the network as North American growth levels off

(Computerworld) Facebook Inc. has grown 153% during the past year, propelled by the soaring growth of new in virtually every market outside North America, according to a report on social networking released Tuesday by ComScore Inc.

While the growth in the number of new social networking users leveled off to 9% in North America between June 2007 and June 2008, growth in several other regions soared by well over 30% during the same period, according to the ComScore report. For example, the number of new users in the Middle East and Africa grew by 66% during the year, while usage in Europe grew by 35% and in Latin America by 33%, the report noted.

Facebook, which took the global lead among social networking sites in April 2008, has made a concerted effort to become more culturally relevant to markets outside of North America by launching several market-specific natural language interfaces.

As a result, while North America is still Facebook's largest visitor base with 49 million users, the growth of 38% there was far lower than the 303% increase in Europe, the 1,055% increase in Latin America and the 403% jump in the Middle East and Africa...............

More: http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9112547&source=NLT_PM&nlid=8

descriptionFacebook dominates worldwide social networking, study finds EmptyRe: Facebook dominates worldwide social networking, study finds

more_horiz
I can't see why Facebook is so popular. The only thing I find of any use there is the free Chess facilities. Everything else seems second rate. To me this forum has more to offer than Facebook.

descriptionFacebook dominates worldwide social networking, study finds EmptyRe: Facebook dominates worldwide social networking, study finds

more_horiz
You never know... I see doc putting much work into this forum.

GP may even beat facebook one day. Or maybe even close... (Gunsmoke)

more_horiz
jojozzzzz wrote:
You never know... I see doc putting much work into this forum.

GP may even beat facebook one day. Or maybe even close... (Gunsmoke)

LOL
I'm not ruling out the possibility but it would take a LONG LONG time for GP to even get 1/10 of facebook
Good luck though

GT

more_horiz
GeekPolice is still in its development stage. Once everything is sort of done, our members will soar sky high. Right On!

more_horiz
I've got BIG plans for GeekPolice, not only for tech support.

Tech support is just 1% of the beginning.

GeekPolice be in a web of other communities...

Right On!

more_horiz
Wo! 1% of the beginning. Imagine even 10 of the final

i like the way the staffs here think... Very positive.

more_horiz
Doctor Inferno wrote:
I've got BIG plans for GeekPolice, not only for tech support.

Tech support is just 1% of the beginning.

GeekPolice be in a web of other communities...

Right On!

Just 1%? Shocking Whoa
Can't wait to see what you've got in store.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum