WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionunknown virus Emptyunknown virus

more_horiz
Hello!
I'm having major problems with my laptop which runs on windows 7. This problem has been going on for about a week now. Whatever is affecting my computer has disabled my network firewall and my mcafee firewall. I cannot download any antivirus help like hijackthis or combofix. If it helps, before this virus began attacking my computer I had the Win 7 virus which asked for payment, I believe I've fixed this virus with malwarebytes. I am running my laptop in safemode, but I still get pop ups from mcafee telling me my computer is at risk. I tried to download OTL, but I keep getting a pop up that says "your current security settings do not allow you to download this file". This message appears each and every time I try to download something new to help kill the virus. I have also tried to system recovery, but the only dates I can choose from are 11/25 and 11/24 both of which my computer has been infected. I'm not sure what to do and I need major help before I resort to the $200 it costs to visit Geek Squad. Thank you so much for any help!

descriptionunknown virus EmptyRe: unknown virus

more_horiz
Hello.
Please read this thread http://www.GeekPolice.net/t3821-read-this-before-posting

Follow the instructions and post back with the required logs.

more_horiz
i am unable to donwload OTL. I keep getting a pop up saying my security settings prevent me from downloading. this has happened each an every time i try to download anything that can possibly help me fight this virus

more_horiz
If you can't access the internet with your infected computer you will have to download and transfer any programs to the computer you're using now and transfer them to the infected computer with a CD-RW or a USB storage device. I prefer a CD because a storage device can get infected. If you use a storage device hold the shift key down while inserting the USB storage device for about 10 secs. You will also have to transfer the logs you receive back to the good computer using the same method until we can get the computer back on-line.

more_horiz
problem solved, thank you both for your help!

more_horiz
Cheers Dave!

Your machine may not be clean though, please post logs.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum