WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWin XP will not boot from any mode, or from CD - - screen goes blank EmptyWin XP will not boot from any mode, or from CD - - screen goes blank

more_horiz
This is a Gateway 510 running Win XP Home. When I turn it on, one of two things will happen: It will quickly go to a blank screen and stop. Alternately, it sometimes goes to the recovery menu, offering Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, etc. I have tried each of these options, and the system always ends up back at the blank screen.

If I boot from CD, the same thing happens with each of the options - - if I try to set up Win XP, it installs the drivers, but then goes to the blank screen. If I try to run Repair, it immediately goes to the blank screen.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

descriptionWin XP will not boot from any mode, or from CD - - screen goes blank EmptyRe: Win XP will not boot from any mode, or from CD - - screen goes blank

more_horiz
Hi atoth01,

Have you tried to test your hard drive in another system? If so there is a chance you will need to purchase a new hard drive since it can't be booted in any way.

descriptionWin XP will not boot from any mode, or from CD - - screen goes blank EmptyRe: Win XP will not boot from any mode, or from CD - - screen goes blank

more_horiz
Your operating system got corrupted somehow.Most of the boot up of problem because of registry missing or crashed, file deleted or changed.Here is the solution to boot up your Windows:

Boot up with WinPE
Tenorshare Data Recovery WinPE allows users to burn ISO file to CD/DVD/USB flash drive and boot up operating system from bootable CD/DVD/USB flash drive directly.It can be used to retrieve data under any boot up problem.
Step 1: Download Tenorshare Data Recovery WinPE in any available computer (not from PC that can’t boot up). Then launch it.
Get it from http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/datarecoverywinpe.htm
Step 2: Insert CD/DVD/USB flash drive to the computer, choose ISO image file. Here we take USB flash drive for example. Then burn ISO file into flash drive.
Step 3: Insert the burned flash drive to the unbootable PC. Run computer and press “F2”, ”F10” or “Delete” to enter BIOS setup.
Step 4: Use the arrow keys to select Boot tab, select Boot Device Priority and press Enter. Please choose 1st Boot Device to USB, and then press F10 to save setting. Now your computer will start with the changed settings automatically.
Then if you have a backup for your Windows then perform a system restore to fix it.If not,reinstall it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum