WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionErrors.. Severe problems possible virus or malware  :( Urgently need HELP please EmptyErrors.. Severe problems possible virus or malware :( Urgently need HELP please

more_horiz
hi there im afraid i can't post OTL log as basically im using my bro's laptop to get help.. and i can't get onto my own desktop PC thats where the problems are.
yesterday i came home, switched on the PC and instead of log on screen asking for my password i got a black screen, with white writing & 3 options.
each time i load it up i get 3 options i've listed them below.

load last good configuration settings (which does not load)

load in safe mode ( which does not work)

load in safe mode with command prompts (which does not work)

now when i try to select the mentioned options the windows loading screen appears 2 secs later it crashes and Big Blue Screen Of Doom!!! Shocking Whoa

i have tried and tried to get passed the blue screen, but every time i select any of the above 3 options my computer loads a little the BSOD

the error says
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

if this is the first time you've seen this error screen.
restart your computer. if this screen appears again follow these steps:

check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
if this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any windows updates you might need:

if this problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.
disable BIOS memory options such as cashing or shadowing.
if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components.
restart your computer. press F8 to select advanced start up options and then select safe mode (which does not load)

technical information:
***STOP :0x000000ED (0X8AB79590,0XCO000006,0X00000000,0X000000)

I am running windows XP
unfortunately I don't have the installation CD that came with the PC

i cant get passed anything i just keep getting this BSOD its driving me insane.

please can someone help me i would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited by scotslass008 on 27th September 2011, 3:25 pm; edited 4 times in total

descriptionErrors.. Severe problems possible virus or malware  :( Urgently need HELP please EmptyRe: Errors.. Severe problems possible virus or malware :( Urgently need HELP please

more_horiz
bump .. i need help please

descriptionErrors.. Severe problems possible virus or malware  :( Urgently need HELP please EmptyRe: Errors.. Severe problems possible virus or malware :( Urgently need HELP please

more_horiz
Please download aswMBR from here

• Save aswMBR.exe to your Desktop
  • Double click aswMBR.exe to run it
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan as illustrated below

Errors.. Severe problems possible virus or malware  :( Urgently need HELP please AswMBR_Scan

Note: Do not take action against any **Rootkit** entries until I have reviewed the log. Often there are false positives

• Once the scan finishes click Save log to save the log to your Desktop
    Errors.. Severe problems possible virus or malware  :( Urgently need HELP please AswMBR_SaveLog

• Copy and paste the contents of aswMBR.txt back here for review

more_horiz
hi there thanks for your reply..

i cant get passed the windows loading screen without it going to BSOD
im trying to upload pics of whats happening each time i try the previously mentioned options in my first post.

i cant download aswMBR

i cant do anything is there another way around it ?

thanks

more_horiz
Fair enough, we'll have it do it via boot disc then.

We are going to be using a Windows Recovery Environment to help disinfect the system so it may boot again.

Download the OTLPE Standard REATOGO Windows Recovery Environment.

• Place a blank CD-R disc in to your CD burning drive.
  • Download OTLPEStd.exe and double-click on it to burn to a CD using ISO Burner.
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.

Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
  • When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
  • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start. Change the following settings

• Change Drivers to Non-Microsoft
  • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
  • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\_OTL\MovedFiles
  • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
  • Please post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum