WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWho I am... EmptyWho I am...

more_horiz
Hi

Been interested in computers for a very long time and still have fond memories of my very first Commodore 64... ahhh those were the days when I was young and full of wanting to become a programmer.

These days I am getting closer to retirement and think I might have finally lost my marbles.

This is the reason:

2 days ago I got caught by a telephone & internet scam in tandem. I posted comments of the events on the Bit Defender website under Early September Spamming Trends.

Still enough of that. The real reason I arrived here is because of the Scam and I am looking for some answers to a possible root kit infection.

descriptionWho I am... EmptyRe: Who I am...

more_horiz
Welcome! Glad to have you here. Hooray!
Please read here
Then post in the malware forum here
One of the awesome techs will help you as soon as they can!

more_horiz
Welcome to GeekPolice! Smile... We'll take good care of you. Smile...

more_horiz
Thanks for the welcome houndmom and Buttons.

I really appreciate any help and advise GeekPolice can give.

Once my system is stable and proven to be un-compromised, I would be interested in learning more about these things. Possibly giving assistance to others who run into problems in way of support as well as supporting your efforts here.

However, that is for the future. Lets see what can be done on my very limited budget because I suspect this will cost some money at least in terms of repairs or replacement. Sad tearing

more_horiz
You're welcome. Smile...

Once everything is given the all clear take a look at this page. Smile...

It's very doubtful that you're computer will need repairs or replacements unless you have problematic or already defective hardware. Practically unheard of for malware to damage actual hardware on a consumer scale. Smile...

more_horiz
Once I am all clear I will sign up.

Most of my life has been given in one way or another to helping others. Its in my blood and gives great satisfaction to see happy smiling faces at the other end of their troubles.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum