WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionLooking to buy a new PC EmptyLooking to buy a new PC

more_horiz
A buddy of mine is looking to buy a new PC. He wants to play Total War series and Star Wars: The Old Republic. He is on a budget of around $1000. We are looking at a computer on Tigerdirect and are looking for some feedback on the rig.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=254044&Sku=SYX-1088

Take a look and tell us what you think, or let me know if you know or see anything that could be better for the price.

descriptionLooking to buy a new PC EmptyRe: Looking to buy a new PC

more_horiz
quite lovely...

more_horiz
Sir $wat wrote:
quite lovely...

???

more_horiz
Hi,

To be honest i would not buy that particular pc because its way overpriced for a OS, CPU, and GPU. All three of those add up to be around 500 dollars, 8gb of memory only run around 80 dollars without rebate and/or sale. The 1tb is a joke they sell for 55 on sale so i would really consider looking for a different pc. Smile...

more_horiz
rymalibouk wrote:
A buddy of mine is looking to buy a new PC. He wants to play Total War series and Star Wars: The Old Republic. He is on a budget of around $1000. We are looking at a computer on Tigerdirect and are looking for some feedback on the rig.

h

Take a look and tell us what you think, or let me know if you know or see anything that could be better for the price.

That PC is a joke, especailly for a $1000 Budjet, i suggest you go for a Barebones Kit:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6951361&CatId=5294
and add a graphics card(s)

This rig is whey better, and unlike the previous computer, this one has alot more room for upgrading (2 PCI-E x16's) and the case has more room for any extra's you might want to add such as LED fans etc.

*Try looking at Tigerdirect.ca they have a better selection on Barebones IMO*

Also if your on a budjet, dont be afraid to go for the AMD kits, theyre just as good as the intel ones, but usually cheaper.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum