WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Thought I had it licked....

3 posters

descriptionThought I had it licked.... - Page 4 EmptyRe: Thought I had it licked....

more_horiz
Thank you. Let me know.

descriptionThought I had it licked.... - Page 4 EmptyRe: Thought I had it licked....

more_horiz
Hi,

I need you to check and make sure you have all the most recent driver updates.

Also, please download this hotfix from here: http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=897574&kbln=en-us

Lastly, please run open up Command Prompt, then type CHKDSK /R and hit enter.

more_horiz
Okay. Downloaded the hotfix but couldn't figure out how to run it. Not sure if I was supposed to. Also, when I entered the above at the command prompt, it responded that chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Thried a few times and got same response.

more_horiz
Hi, did you double-click on the hotfix after you downloaded it? When you do CHKDSK /R make sure that it you type Y when it asks you if you want to perform it on next reboot, then restart your computer and CHKDSK will run.

more_horiz
thanks for the patience. I tried the Hotfix again but nothing opens. I did discover that I'm running Vista rather than XP. Would this make a difference? Also, I got the computer to run the CHKDSK upon restart but it it keeps freezing in the middle of stage 4 of 5.... I'm getting ready to throw it out the window!

more_horiz
Hi,

Try running: SFC /Scannow

The same way you ran CHKDSK, but SFC will run in command prompt without rebooting.

more_horiz
I rann the scan and it said "Windows Resourse Protection did not find any integrity violations."

more_horiz
Hi,

Are all of your drivers updated?

more_horiz
Best I can tell. I was able to get on and do a Windows Vista update last night and it worked for a little while. This morning, unfortunately, I got the blue screen again when I logged in.

more_horiz
Hi,

Could you please upload your most recent minidumps?

more_horiz
Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qrdrsfog8o7w43x

more_horiz
I'll get someone to look at those for you and post back with some updated advice.

more_horiz
Thank you.

more_horiz
Sit tight please. I will post a fix when they get analyzed.

more_horiz
Hi, I'm sure this didn't fall through the cracks but just checking in. Thanks.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum