WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows XP Lock Up EmptyWindows XP Lock Up

more_horiz
When I boot up the computer everything boots up fine. Howerer, 2 minutes after everything loads the windows lock up. It will allow me to open a file and move the mouse around but the file locks up on the screen and I can no longer do anything with that file. It allows me to move my mouse around or grab the file and drag it side to side on the screen. It will even allow me to try to open up the task manager but the task manager itself never actually opens. For a short bit after the first file locks up it does allow me to minimize that file and open another, but the second the other file is opened it locks up as well. After awhile the computer will not allow me to do anything, accept move my mouse around, and hit ctrl+alt+delete to attempt to open the task manager again but the task manager won't open. It also allows me to try to shut down but when it asks me to End Now on the windows I have open nothing actually happens so I have to do a hard shut down.

When I boot up in Safe Mode I am able to do anything in there. I have ran AVG virus scans and they have found nothing, I ran Malwarebytes scan and it found nothing. I have done a system restore and went back 7 days and it still happens when I boot up regularly. Any suggestions?

descriptionWindows XP Lock Up EmptyRe: Windows XP Lock Up

more_horiz
Since it runs fine in Safe Mode, that suggest that there's another process running which is causing the problem. If you haven't installed anything new, then you may have malware on the computer. You can post in the malware removal forum.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum