WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

virus heur: exploit.script.generic

2 posters

descriptionvirus heur: exploit.script.generic - Page 3 EmptyRe: virus heur: exploit.script.generic

more_horiz
it use to take the control panel a few seconds to load but now its instant

descriptionvirus heur: exploit.script.generic - Page 3 EmptyRe: virus heur: exploit.script.generic

more_horiz
nothing seems to be missing but why won't it let me access ""why is my pictures, my music, my videos in documents and how comes if i click on my documents, my pictures and my videos it says

c:\users\jesse\documents\my pictures is not accessible. access is denied.
my music
my documents
my videos""

more_horiz
computer now shows that there is no pictures in my pictures but in pictures link at top there are there whats happening.

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you give me a screenprint.

How to post screenshots or images

when my screen saver kicks on it says no pictures .

A screenshot of this would help me identify the problem.
i have alot of files in documents link should i keep or delete when done

We will do a cleanup when we're completed.

why is my pictures, my music, my videos in documents and how comes if i click on my documents, my pictures and my videos it says

c:\users\jesse\documents\my pictures is not accessible. access is denied.

Please try this:

1. Turn off Simple File Sharing:
1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
3. Under Advanced Settings, click to clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) check box, and then click OK.
2. Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.
3. Click the Security tab, and then click OK on the Security message, if one appears.
4. Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
5. In the Name list, click your user name, Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group.

If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, click to select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
6. Click OK.

You may receive the following error message, where Folder is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of:
You do not have permission to read the contents of directory Folder. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control? All permissions will be replaced if you press Yes.
7. Click Yes.
8. Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and the folder contents.

why is that desktop.ini in just about all folders.

Desktop.ini is a Windows XP system file that stores information about customized folders. If you have customized the display of a folder in any way, such as changing its icon or manner of display, Windows has saved those settings in a desktop.ini file. In the following screenshot, I have right-clicked on a folder and am about to customize it.

virus heur: exploit.script.generic - Page 3 Customize-folder

Since Desktop.ini is a Windows system file, you are probably seeing it because you have set Explorer to display hidden/system files. By reversing this setting, you can get rid of Desktop.ini.

1.In any Windows Explorer window, click Tools ? Folder Options…
2.Click on the View tab.
3.Check off the radio button next to “Do not show hidden files and folders”.
4.Put a check in the box next to “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”.
5.Click OK.
Here is a picture of the settings I have just described:

virus heur: exploit.script.generic - Page 3 Folder-options

Once you have made these changes, Desktop.ini should be out of sight and out of mind. Here is a screen shot of the same folder from Figure 1. It’s still customized, but Desktop.ini is nowhere to be seen.

virus heur: exploit.script.generic - Page 3 Desktop-ini-hidden

more_horiz
can't find tools menu

more_horiz
i think i got it i found file sharing in control panel

Last edited by jesse white on 9th June 2011, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
cant find none of the stuff

more_horiz
dont understand any of this last stuff

more_horiz
i'm using window vista not windows xp could that be the promblem why i cant find this stuff

more_horiz
virus heur: exploit.script.generic - Page 3 Sreen_12

more_horiz
i got the screen print

more_horiz
ok i went thru windows help and got all taken care of

more_horiz
that took care of all the problems with my pictures,my videos and my documents
they must have been hidden files

more_horiz
thanks for everything, what caused my problem and are we done

more_horiz
sorry it took so long to figure this last stuff out

more_horiz
what caused my problem and are we done.

Your computer was hit with some malware. Ok. Let's do some cleanup.

To uninstall ComboFix

• Click the Start button. Click Run. For Vista: type in Run in the Start search, and click on Run in the results pane.
  • In the field, type in ComboFix /uninstall

virus heur: exploit.script.generic - Page 3 Combofix_uninstall_image

(Note: Make sure there's a space between the word ComboFix and the forward-slash.)

• Then, press Enter, or click OK.
  • This will uninstall ComboFix, delete its folders and files, hides System files and folders, and resets System Restore.

Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.

Double-click TFC.exe to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.

* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
* Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
* Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.
Use the Secunia Software Inspector to check for out of date software.

•Click Start Now

•Check the box next to Enable thorough system inspection.

•Click Start

•Allow the scan to finish and scroll down to see if any updates are needed.
•Update anything listed.
----------

Go to Microsoft Windows Update and get all critical updates.

----------

I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

SpywareBlaster- Secure your Internet Explorer to make it harder for ActiveX programs to run on your computer. Also stop certain cookies from being added to your computer when running Mozilla based browsers like Firefox.
* Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware
* If you don't know what ActiveX controls are, see here

Protect yourself against spyware using the Immunize feature in Spybot - Search & Destroy. Guide: Use Spybot's Immunize Feature to prevent spyware infection in real-time. Note: To ensure you have the latest Immunizations always update Spybot - Search & Destroy before Immunizing. Spybot - Search & Destroy FAQ

Check out Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for tips and free tools to help keep you safe in the future.

Also see Slow Computer? It may not be Malware for free cleaning/maintenance tools to help keep your computer running smoothly.
Safe Surfing!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum