WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionComputer Freezes Shortly After Startup EmptyComputer Freezes Shortly After Startup

more_horiz
Just what the title said, my computer freezes shortly after startup. It was fine this morning and yesterday.
After things load on the screen, the taskbar freezes, everything then freezes after and my task manager will not open. I get an error for my task manager saying "Error: Security Options". I don't know if this is a virus or something wrong somewhere else, but I kinda need to fix it. :/ I'm currently on my parents computer.
My computer is a Vista Home Premium with the latest service packs and such.

Edit: It boots in safe mode, if that's anything important.

descriptionComputer Freezes Shortly After Startup EmptyRe: Computer Freezes Shortly After Startup

more_horiz
Backup your persional files in the C: drive and do a system restoration. :cool2:

descriptionComputer Freezes Shortly After Startup EmptyRe: Computer Freezes Shortly After Startup

more_horiz
Yeah, thank you.
It's been fixed I just kinda forgot I had asked for help. (been busy with school)
Turns out I should have restarted after uninstalled a program, or at least made sure the registry was clear before reinstalling it. The files came in conflict with each other, so I just went back before I uninstalled.

So, yeah, fixed. Smile...

Last edited by FakiaKun224 on 10th June 2011, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot a little detail)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum