WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionvista home security 2011 Emptyvista home security 2011

more_horiz
I have the virus in my computer i am not that computer literate and need some help in step by step getting this thing out of it. i have used your site before and it was great this one is hard though I need some major help

descriptionvista home security 2011 EmptyVista Home Security help

more_horiz
Hello Barne, I will be happy to help you to get rid of this Rogue Spyware. There are many ways to get rid of it. But I will tell you the safest and Easiest way to get rid of it.

Step 1:
Boot your computer in the Safe mode with networking.(while turning on your computer, keep tapping F8, and you will see a list of options. Now highlight "Safe mode with Networking".
In this mode, the Virus will be inactive most probably.

Step 2:
Then login to your account and open the browser and visit the website www.superantispyware.com
You will be able to see a portable free version of SAS. Just download it, update it and run a full scan, and it will remove the virus safely. Then reboot the computer, you'r computer will be virus free and will be running in the Normal mode.If you need further assistance, just reply me. Thank you.

descriptionvista home security 2011 EmptyRe: vista home security 2011

more_horiz
Hi there cbarnes!

I am Gabethebabe and I will be helping you with this issue. Before we start some general remarks/rules:
  • Whilst I´m helping you, please follow my instructions carefully and do not experiment on your own or accept help from other persons.
  • Feel free to ask questions! Especially if my instructions are not clear. I´m here to help, not confuse you.
  • I will try and respond quickly, but please understand I do have a real life (job, wife, 3 kids, kinky hobbies).
  • Stick with me till the end. If your computer starts running better, doesn´t mean it is clean yet!

====================
calvinadam wrote:
Hello Barne, I will be happy to help you to get rid of this Rogue Spyware. There are many ways to get rid of it. But I will tell you the safest and Easiest way to get rid of it.

Step 1:
Boot your computer in the Safe mode with networking.(while turning on your computer, keep tapping F8, and you will see a list of options. Now highlight "Safe mode with Networking".
In this mode, the Virus will be inactive most probably.

Step 2:
Then login to your account and open the browser and visit the website www.superantispyware.com
You will be able to see a portable free version of SAS. Just download it, update it and run a full scan, and it will remove the virus safely. Then reboot the computer, you'r computer will be virus free and will be running in the Normal mode.If you need further assistance, just reply me. Thank you.

Thank you for trying to help, but the users in this forum are expecting help from GeekPolice trained malware fighters and you are not one of them. So please be so kind as to not respond to threads on this part of the forum, thank you.

====================

Careful now, you are infected with rogue software. For an explanation of this term you can consult e.g. Wikipedia. Whatever you do, do not buy a license for this program. If you already did, you have been scammed. In that case I suggest you contact your financial institution and see if you can revert the payment.

The first thing we are going to do is try and temporarily disable the rogue, to get rid of all the annoying popups and allow us to actually do something. For this we use RKill.

====================

Please download RKill by Grinler from Download Mirror #1 and save it to your desktop.
Download Mirror #1 (rkill.exe)
Download Mirror #2 (rkill.scr)
Download Mirror #3 (rkill.com)
Download Mirror #4 (WiNlOgOn.exe)
Download Mirror #5 (uSeRiNiT.exe)
Download Mirror #6 (iExplore.exe)
Download Mirror #7 (eXplorer.exe)

• Double click the RKill desktop icon (rightclick > Run as Administrator for Vista/WIN7).
  • A black screen will briefly flash indicating a successful run.
  • If this does not occur please delete that application and try using Mirror #2
  • Continue process until the tool runs.
  • Important: RKill only temporarily disables the malware. If you reboot the computer, it will be active again. So do not reboot until we kill the infection.

====================

Please download OTL by OldTimer from here and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all windows and double click OTL.exe.
  • The Extra Registry setting should be Use Safelist
  • Copy and paste the following text into the Custom Scans/Fixes box:

Code:

netsvcs
msconfig
safebootminimal
safebootnetwork
activex
drivers32
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\*.exe /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.dll
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.ini
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.exe
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%PROGRAMFILES%\*.

• Click the Run Scan button and allow it to run.
  • It will produce two logs for you, OTL.txt and Extras.txt. Please post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need multiple posts to get it all.

more_horiz
what do you mean by post both logs in this thread where do i post them? in the reply box??

more_horiz
Yes, copy and paste them in the reply box.

The logs are big wads of text, don´t worry, I´m used to them Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum