WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPC Antivirus 8 free upgrade  EmptyPC Antivirus 8 free upgrade

more_horiz
I have an Acer Windows Vista 32 bit laptop computer.
I have been running, PC Tools Antivirus, Malwarebytes, Spyware Blaster and PC Tools Firewall with no problems. Everything was running well.
Today I run an Free PC Tools Antivirus 8 update-upgrade. All went well, PC Antivirus 8 installed, updated and run a scan finding nothing. But when I went to restart my computer it wouldn't boot into windows, it got to the bar and the bar just kept running and running.

I got into safe mode and uninstalled the PC Tools Antivirus and restarted my computer.. It booted up into Windows just fine. I ran Malwarebytes to make sure there wasn't anything on my computer. I showed no threats.
I again tried to install the newer FREE version and again all went well then when I restarted my computer, again it wouldn't boot into windows.

I tried to install AVAST Anti virus, it wouldn't install came up with some kind of run time error.
Now I am without an Antivirus program. Could someone help me out with this?

descriptionPC Antivirus 8 free upgrade  EmptyRe: PC Antivirus 8 free upgrade

more_horiz
Welcome to GeekPolice!Smile...

Have you checked for updates? It's possible the Visual C++ Runtime isn't installed.

more_horiz
Hi Buttons,
Thank you for responding. Yes, Visual C++ isn't working right, I tried to install it, but I get a 1935 error message when I try to install it.
Avast won't install because of this.
Avira wouldn't install either.
AVG doesn't like ACER.
But last night I looked around and I did find Panda Antivirus, which installed and is working. I do not know how good that program is but I at least have something running now.
Why would Visual C not work? And would that be the cause of PC Tools Antivirus keeping me from booting back into windows?

more_horiz
HEY GUYS,
I got AVAST up and running. I found I had a windows file that was corrupt. Got that fixed and was able to update including the update for Visual C++.
Thanks

more_horiz
Voyager wrote:
Hi Buttons,
Thank you for responding. Yes, Visual C++ isn't working right, I tried to install it, but I get a 1935 error message when I try to install it.
Avast won't install because of this.
Avira wouldn't install either.
AVG doesn't like ACER.
But last night I looked around and I did find Panda Antivirus, which installed and is working. I do not know how good that program is but I at least have something running now.
Why would Visual C not work? And would that be the cause of PC Tools Antivirus keeping me from booting back into windows?

You're welcome.

Avira uses it I know. Very possible something may have configured it correctly as a lot of software uses it. Possibly. Removing that or possibly defective install I know can cause the program to crash.

You're welcome. Smile... Glad you got it fixed.Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum