WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

What's a good language for a beginner (that's not VB)

+8
Lance(HAOH)
cam99
ZeroFlag
MindMaster
RandomlyKnighted
Buttons
Belahzur
endejan
12 posters

descriptionWhat's a good language for a beginner (that's not VB) - Page 2 EmptyRe: What's a good language for a beginner (that's not VB)

more_horiz
Java is a very high level language. It's syntax almost resembles English sentences. Support for GUI Programming is great too! You will not find much difficulty in learning this language. I learned Java for my first programming language. Smile...

descriptionWhat's a good language for a beginner (that's not VB) - Page 2 EmptyRe: What's a good language for a beginner (that's not VB)

more_horiz
For gui use Java Otherwise start with C or C++

more_horiz
Start with C++ or C it would be great

more_horiz
Python is one of the most widely-used high-level programming languages. This is mostly because it is simple, readable and you can use fewer lines of code to express a concept than you would have to with other languages. It is a scripting language which allows you to produce a lot of code in short periods of time. There are some great official tutorials which are easy to follow and there is less of an emphasis on syntax which would suit beginners.

more_horiz
I agree that Python is a great beginning choice. Sometimes the syntax distracts people from learning the core  concepts.

Another important thing I would like to recommend is that with whatever you choose, please try to stick to learning one language at a time.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum