WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

laptop wont connect to network when i take it out of room.

2 posters

descriptionlaptop wont connect to network when i take it out of room. - Page 2 EmptyRe: laptop wont connect to network when i take it out of room.

more_horiz
it said online and then i typed reset and enter and it said -

command executed successfully
however, "netsh firewall" is deprecated;
use "netsh advfirewall firewall" instead.
for more information on using "netsh advfirewall firewall" commands
instead of "netsh firewall" see kb article 947709
at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid-121488

descriptionlaptop wont connect to network when i take it out of room. - Page 2 EmptyRe: laptop wont connect to network when i take it out of room.

more_horiz
1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.

2. On the Welcome screen, click Restore my computer to an earlier time, and then click Next.

3. On the Select a Restore Point page, select the date from the calendar that shows the point you'd like to restore to, as shown below, and then click Next.

laptop wont connect to network when i take it out of room. - Page 2 Sysrest2

4. On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, verify that the correct restore point is chosen, and then close any open programs.

5. Click Next if you are ready to proceed or click Back to change the restore point.

6. The computer will shut down automatically and reboot. On reboot, you'll see the Restoration Complete page, and then click OK.
After reviewing the stability of your system, you can choose another restore point or undo this restoration. Just open System Restore and make the appropriate choice. After you use System Restore, you'll have an additional task, Undo my last restoration, on the System Restore Welcome page. Remember that you'll have to reinstall any programs that were installed after the restore point.

If System Restore doesn't work in Normal Mode, it might work in Safe Mode. To use System Restore in Safe Mode, press the F8 key during reboot and choose Safe Mode. When your computer starts in either Safe Mode or Normal Mode, System Restore can be used to capture a working previous state. System Restore can't be opened unless the system is bootable into one of these modes.

more_horiz
every time i start it up, it says the windows wireless service isn't running and i have to run the little troubleshooter that comes with windows to get it to work.

more_horiz
Click Start and right click on Computer and select Manage.

On the left column tree, expand Services and Applications, and then select Services.

Find WLANAutoConfig...tell me what it says in the Status column for that item.

Also, find DHCP Client and tell me the Status on that, too.

more_horiz
it says started for the wlanautoconfig, and it says automatic for the startup of it.

the dhcp client says the same.

more_horiz
Please check this page for tips, and try any steps. Let me know if it works....
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-network-connection-problems

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum