WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Had a virus, ran MBAM, rebooted to fix the problem and now it's worse....

2 posters

descriptionHad a virus, ran MBAM, rebooted to fix the problem and now it's worse.... - Page 6 EmptyRe: Had a virus, ran MBAM, rebooted to fix the problem and now it's worse....

more_horiz
OK

We try another tool to look at your mbr.
Run in standard mode. It is quick enough.

Please download aswMBR by Alwil Software from here and save it to your desktop.

• Double click aswMBR.exe to run the tool
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • Don´t panic if you see any **Rootkit** entries. The tool sometimes produces false alarms
  • Once the scan finishes click Save log to save the log to your desktop
  • Copy and paste the contents of this log (aswMBR.txt) into your next reply.

descriptionHad a virus, ran MBAM, rebooted to fix the problem and now it's worse.... - Page 6 EmptyRe: Had a virus, ran MBAM, rebooted to fix the problem and now it's worse....

more_horiz
It didn't have time to run in Normal mode, will it give the same results running in Safe Mode? I can try again in Normal mode but it seems to run too long and then the blue screen appears and the laptop restarts.

more_horiz
It should run very quickly.
I don´t know if it will run in safe mode. But if i doesn´t run in normal mode, you will have to try.

I think it might be a good idea to try and contact the supplier of your computer and see if there is a way to get some kind of Windows install usb to bring your notebook back to factory settings (after having copied off your relevant data).

I´m not sure if we can bring your computer back to full health in any other way. We´ll try, but it may not be successful.

more_horiz
Thanks for all your help, I'm currently trying to get in contact with the supplier to see if they can give me a windows USB to install, however if not I'll see if I can borrow an external CD drive and try and reinstall from someone else's CD.

I now have all the relevant data off. It seems so close to being fixed but yet so far!!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum