WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSony hack highlights importance of breach analysis EmptySony hack highlights importance of breach analysis

more_horiz
Sony's apparent difficulty in figuring out the extent of the damage from the recent intrusion into its PlayStation Network, while frustrating for those affected by it, is not too surprising given the bag of tricks that hackers employ to hide their tracks.

All too often companies simply don't have the forensic tools or enough log data to be able to reliably piece together what might have happened and to determine the true scope of a breach. Sometimes, it can take weeks and months to get an accurate picture, and even longer for a breached entity to entirely clean out its networks.

Sony itself has offered no reason why it waited more than six days to inform consumers that their account information including name, address, birth date, purchase history, online ID and possibly credit card data, had been compromised.

More: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9216231/

descriptionSony hack highlights importance of breach analysis EmptyRe: Sony hack highlights importance of breach analysis

more_horiz
Do you guys think they find them? I don't... I had to cancel my credit card because of these bustards and I can't play with my friends any more.
I even moved to Facebook game apps and Aion. Btw, these games are smart. They offer to pay by prepaid card like Paysafecard. I haven't tried it yet but I like the idea. It seems to be much better than credit card or PayPal, which is anyway connected to your bank account and credit card.

descriptionSony hack highlights importance of breach analysis EmptyRe: Sony hack highlights importance of breach analysis

more_horiz
I doubt they will be found, yeah this punishes innocent people, but Sony had this coming to them.

more_horiz
Yeah, just like everywhere. Econimics, politics - all the same. Someone gets rich because the normal people get fooled around.

more_horiz
Yep. But that's the way of the world now, bad people take advantage of others. However, Sony mistreat customers and I wont stand on Sony's side neither. Part of me says Sony caused this, there is information out there, it can be found, and now Sony will answer for their mistreatment.

more_horiz
Well, this might be true. I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
This is the disatvantage of this globalisation. Think of Facebook - people share their personal data with a great pleasure. They link their facebook account to every blog found on the web... You don't even need to hack anything.
Such a big company like Sony will escape from the responsibility, I'm sure.

more_horiz
No they wont, trust me on that.

more_horiz
well, let's hope so. any news about how it's all going further? I haven't heard anything for quite a long time. Just more and more friends get pissed off by this whole chaos.

more_horiz
The truth? more and more people are suing Sony for damages, there is plans for a 3rd attack on Sony.

more_horiz
So many companies have poorly managed databases and security. Even worse some even request non critical info to be stored on accounts. By keeping these in mind you can certainly create a more secure infrastructure.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum