WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMS removal tool extra problems EmptyMS removal tool extra problems

more_horiz
Hi, I think perhaps that I left the below message in the wrong spot, so I shall paste it according to directions in a new topic - going on other posts I think I'm doing the right thing.

Hi, My husband's computer has been attacked by the fake ms removal tool virus. I've tried to do a systems restore so I can load the malwarebytes malware removal program, but the virus disallows any system tool to operate. I can not load task manager either. I can not open Outook Express but can open an IE web browser page slowly. I've tried to load malwarebytes to his computer using a USB memory stick and CD with the program burned onto it, both will no success. Besides having my anti-virus program disabled by this virus it his also preventing any exe file being opened and any windows app from working. So then I tried to start in safe mode. The computer can not shut down but will restart, so I can manage to get into the safe mode page, but it will not allow me to arrow up or down to select safe mode or any mode for that matter and it counts down to restarting normally. Would you know of any other means for me to remove this virus without having to put the computer into a shop to have Windows reloaded? Thank you for any help that you are able to give to me. P.S. Again in short, I am unable to run any .exe program including the Malwarebytes malware removal program - unable to arrow up to "Safe Mode" after pressing F8 to get there and unable to open systems restore.

descriptionMS removal tool extra problems EmptyRe: MS removal tool extra problems

more_horiz
I managed to get into safe mode then to system restore so I could then load malwarebytes to scan for the MS removal tool virus. I won't be needing any help but thank you for allowing me to post here when I had no clue what to do. For those who may have a similar problem to mine, I had to get into the BIOS on startup then into the integrated peripheials to change what the virus had done to disable the USB peripherials. Once I clicked to enable that, my keyboard arrows then worked allowing me to get into safe mode. I've spent all day googling for reasons why the arrows wouldn't work on my cordless keyboard only when trying to access safe mode and came across a site where someone posted a problem solve. Hope this will help someone else with a similar problem

descriptionMS removal tool extra problems EmptyRe: MS removal tool extra problems

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum