Jake78
Somoka
nellybly
Chevalier
xXsemxX
i am i.
Doctor Inferno
70 posters

descriptionRemove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide] - Page 5 EmptyRe: Remove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
  • Read and follow the steps in this topic.
  • Then, post a new topic containing those logs in this section.

descriptionRemove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide] - Page 5 EmptyRe: Remove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
Million thanks pal!!! Smile...

more_horiz
I am in safe mode with networking but when I try to download the software a box comes up saying that my security settings don't allow this download Sad tearing
What do I do now?

*EDIT*

I downloaded the malware software from another comp onto my USB and installed it that way in safe mode, you have to be connected to the net for the malware to update otherwise it doesn't recognise the MS Removal Tool...

Thanks for all the help GeekPolice Big Grin

Last edited by jelly24 on 17th April 2011, 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Thank you!!! this was way helpful then most of everything I read!!! Now my son can carry on with his school projects!

more_horiz
Great guide! But I followed all the directions and I ran regular mode after using safe mode and the MS Removal Tool still comes up after Malware removed a couple items, any ideas?

descriptionRemove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide] - Page 5 EmptyHELP PLEAZ!!!!!!!!!!

more_horiz
Can you pleaz help me im tryin to fix my nanas computer for her but i am going back to australia in a week and i want to fix it for her i have already scanned the computer with malwarebytes and it said that there was no problems found can you pleaz help

ps: the computer is running windows vista and has 2gb ram it is a 32 bit operating system and has a t3000 dual core prossesor
the model is a compaq laptop
hope this helps can u plea help me fix her computer

descriptionRemove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide] - Page 5 Emptyhttp://www.GeekPolice.net/t26522p45-remove-ms-removal-tool-removal-guide

more_horiz
dkskull3 wrote:
Can you pleaz help me im tryin to fix my nanas computer for her but i am going back to australia in a week and i want to fix it for her i have already scanned the computer with malwarebytes and it said that there was no problems found can you pleaz help

ps: the computer is running windows vista and has 2gb ram it is a 32 bit operating system and has a t3000 dual core prossesor
the model is a compaq laptop
hope this helps can u plea help me fix her computer

What symptoms is it showing? Can you provide more details on what is wrong with the computer?

more_horiz
Just used the fix on my wife's computer and it seems to have worked. Thanks so much!

more_horiz
I can't run explorer in safe mode to get rid of this virus

more_horiz
Welcome to GeekPolice!Smile...

Please read here and post here to begin the removal process.

more_horiz
I would just like to thank everyone at GeekPolice for posting this fix, you all saved me a major headache and probably hours of my time.

descriptionRemove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide] - Page 5 EmptyMS Removal Tool

more_horiz
Excellent instructions! They helped me remove this rogue and gain full system access about 15 minutes. Just an additional note to anyone else with the same problem. I ran Malwarebytes a second time after rebooting but this time as a Full System Scan. The second scan found a copy of the rogue hiding in my System Restore folder.

Now its completely gone.

more_horiz
Hi, my PC recently became infected with MS Removal Tool. I have tried Malwarebytes Anti Malware but because I cannot connect to the internet (even when in Safe Mode with Networking - I am unsure why, my USB device just does not connect) so the anti malware software cannot update. I then run the check and it comes up clear.

Are there any tricks to being able to connect to the internet (i have changed the internet proxy settings in explorer and firefox) - do I need to change network settings at all?

Im quite technologically challenged so any basic step by step advice would be so helpful.

Thanks

descriptionRemove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide] - Page 5 EmptyThank you!

more_horiz
I cannot thank you enough for your instructions on how to rid my computer of MS Removal Tool! They were absolutely spot-on! I will be saving you in my favourites now! Thank you.

descriptionRemove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide] - Page 5 EmptyI can't get the MS Removal Tool off my system... HELP PLEASE!

more_horiz
I have followed the instructions to a "T," and I still have the MS Removal Tool virus on my computer. I can't download the "Malware Removal" from the site, because the virus will not allow any programs to work. Can some one please help me out!!!?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum