Jake78
Somoka
nellybly
Chevalier
xXsemxX
i am i.
Doctor Inferno
70 posters

descriptionRemove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide] - Page 3 EmptyRe: Remove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
Hi All On the phone to my brother. Safe Mode throws into sleep mode! Mind you he is currently watching Cricket 1,6,6,6,6,2.. Poor Bangladesh!

Anyway.... any sure fire answers? Thanks for Helping everyone!

descriptionRemove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide] - Page 3 EmptyRe: Remove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
sys restore

on off

Seemed to work? Waiting for success?

more_horiz
ok...scan is working... in the mean time Shane Watson has hit 14 sixes! new world record
Anyway. The Scan appears to have worked.

So by Turning System Restore Off it stopped Windows XP from going into sleep mode after selecting Safe Mode with Networking.

The Administrators recommend only following their official instructions so please wait for them to recognise why this worked?

Thank You for all your assistance.

descriptionRemove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide] - Page 3 EmptyMALWARE REMOVAL

more_horiz
missedabee wrote:
Am trying to remove the vrius but cannot get into safe mode because the up/down keys on my keyboard do not work! Any ideas?
Thanks

Had same issue, now solved, check my final post, but confirm with Moderators first!

Hope you work it out.

descriptionRemove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide] - Page 3 Emptyms remoal tool

more_horiz
Am trying to remove the vrius but cannot get into safe mode because the up/down keys on my keyboard do not work! Any ideas?
Thanks

more_horiz
Still after two trys of doing everything step by step that is stated above and the computer restarts back to normall out of safe mode, the stupid MS Removal Tool is still on my comupter and will not stop popping up!!!!!!
im so angry i cant figure out how to get it off even after doing everything this site has said......
Evil or enraged Sad tearing Bring it on :sad:

more_horiz
I'm having the same problem as Chelsie19! This is the 2nd time i've used malwarebytes to scan in safe-mode, and upon restart the virus is STILL there. Another website mentioned something about 'Window's HOSTS files' and having to replace them??

As this infection also changes your Windows HOSTS file, we want to replace this file with the default version for your operating system. Please note that if you or your company has added custom entries to your HOSTS file then you will need to add them again after restoring the default HOSTS file. In order to protect itself, MS Removal Tool changes the permissions of the HOSTS file so you can't edit or delete it. To fix these permissions please download the following batch file and save it to your desktop:

Any ideas!? I'd REALLY like to not lose this laptop! Every assignment/project/art-piece i own is on this thing -- the only backups were on an external harddrive that bit the dust last week!!

more_horiz
third time trying all of your steps and still no luck.. i will sleep on it and try again tomorrow..
super annoying but not sure if it is the fact that i have xp?? will that make any difference?? somone please help me, i have so much work on this computer and a huge essay due this week, trying hold back the tears.. Sad tearing

more_horiz
OK, Had the same issue. The Safe Mode with Networking seems to have had some systems sleeping & then restarting. No matter what you try, it still fails or programs do not launch?

Had the same issue, and is now solved! I am waiting for a suggestion as to HOW turning the "system restore" off/on can resolve this issue? But it did?

Good Luck!

more_horiz
i've solved mine. Unfortunately i had to do a system restore from a couple of weeks ago, but at least it's gone, and most of my documents were completely unaffected.

more_horiz
OTL wont open either. "user acount control" pops up and asks if i want this program to make to make changes to this computer. I click yes and its gone. with no results
also a warning comes up telling me otl is infected just like when i tried to open mbam-set.

more_horiz

Last edited by erik on 12th April 2011, 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

descriptionRemove MS Removal Tool [Removal Guide] - Page 3 EmptyMS Removal Tool

more_horiz
Worked wonderfully. Didnt even have to try a second time. Was freakin out cause i couldnt do anything on my computer, but it worked. surprisingly. if youre skeptical, email me and ill confirm its legitimacy.

Last edited by DragonMaster Jay on 11th April 2011, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Email removed)

more_horiz
Welcome! Glad to have you here. Hooray!
Still having problems??

Please read here
Then post in the malware forum here
One of the awesome techs will help you as soon as they can!

more_horiz
Leaving an e-mail address on a forum is very dangerous for your privacy. Anyone can send you an e-mail that had any sort of malware included. Anything from a simple virus to cause grief to a keylogger which are used by identity theives.
A good read:
http://www.mysecurecyberspace.com/secure/email/threats/malware.html

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum