GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

descriptionneed help 1% free space left???

more_horiz
I have a dell computer with windows xp and all of a sudden I received a message that my hard drive was almost full. I have deleted everything I can think of and have basically very little on this computer as it is for home use and not my work computer. I am at 1% free space and can't figure out why. It just can't be full. I have free AVG but wonder if something else has attacked my computer. I went to spybot and they found 3380 errors but only fixed 100 before I have to pay to have the rest removed. I don't mind paying I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing. Can anyone help me....I'm 61 and not the tech geek that younger generations are:))

descriptionRe: need help 1% free space left???

more_horiz
hey disneypal Welcome to the forum!!
If you feel it may be a malware problem you can get help!

Please read here
Then post in the malware forum here
One of the awesome techs will help you as soon as they can!

more_horiz
disneypal wrote:
I went to spybot and they found 3380 errors but only fixed 100 before I have to pay to have the rest removed. I don't mind paying I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing. Can anyone help me....I'm 61 and not the tech geek that younger generations are:))

Welcome to GeekPolice!Smile...

Spybot will never ask you to pay. Sounds like you ether have a rogue or a knock off. Don't pay it!

Official Site

http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

As stated before it's best to get your pc checked.Smile...

description1% disk free space

more_horiz
Hi

It may pay to run a folder size program, and see what folders are using large amounts of disk space. Also check the size of the AVG folder i have had a case where AVG kept copies of all it's update files this used 32Gb of disk space.

more_horiz
Get a new Hard Drive

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum