WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSpybot, run as administrator EmptySpybot, run as administrator

more_horiz
I am getting a FUNWEBPRODUCTS Pups virus or whatever on SpyBot. I am also running Microsoft Security Essentials, and Malware Bytes. Neither of these show any problems. I go to Remove the selected item (the Pups thing) and then it tells me to run as administrator. I am the administrator! Im running windows 7.. There is only one account, only has been one account ever on my computer. This problem is causing many other problems, and I cant get it to go away. When I run in safe mode, same thing, run as administrator. Im getting stop code errors, hardware issues, and now a corrupt driver. The two things I found were this PUPS thing and a virus on Java. I removed Java completely.. will add again some other time. Someone please help. If SpyBot is junk, please offer another solution!
Thanks
Tisha

descriptionSpybot, run as administrator EmptyRe: Spybot, run as administrator

more_horiz
Please visit this webpage for a tutorial on downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

See the area: Using ComboFix, and when done, post the log back here.

more_horiz
Are you still with us? Please let us know of any issues.

more_horiz
I went to download the Combofix. A pop up appeared, stating that if I download that, it may be harmful to my computer, I selected allow anyway. Another pop up appeared stating its not commonly downloaded and blah blah.. I selected Download anyway. It got to 3% a blue screen appeared on my computer, and my computer shut down. I went to start it, and got what I have been getting- either a blue screen with differrent stop codes, or a black screen with different stop codes, initiating a memory dump, it goes by 5's until it gets to 100 and then my computer restarts, and after it reloads- it goes to the Safe Mode Screen, but only gives me 3 options. Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Start windows normally.. I tried to go to SM with Networking to download it, same thing. I get this blue or black screen on a daily basis. New thing, now it has windows32.dll files that are missing or corrupt. I know its a virus, because the computer works fine, UNTIL i try to download something to kill it. but malware bytes, doesnt find it. MSE doesnt find it. spybot finds something but i cant remove it because im not an admnisitrator. I am ready to throw this thing out the window! I paid 1800.00 for this, and its not even a year old! I dont know what else to do??

more_horiz
We are going to be using a Windows Recovery Environment to help disinfect the system.

Download the OTLPE Standard REATOGO Windows Recovery Environment.
  • Place a blank CD-R disc in to your CD burning drive.
  • Download OTLPEStd.exe and double-click on it to burn to a CD using ISO Burner.
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.

Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
  • When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
  • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start. Change the following settings
    • Change Drivers to Non-Microsoft
    • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
    • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\_OTL\MovedFiles
    • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
    • Please post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.

more_horiz
Will I lose my pictures and things, or should I back them up or not before doing that?>

more_horiz
No. This is a "Windows Recovery Environment to help disinfect the system". This way the system can be cleaned without messing anything up.

more_horiz
ok thanks, will try this and post results Smile...

more_horiz
ok

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum